Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Wave of Mutilation" is on Rock Band (the video game) so the Pixies are getting some exposure there.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    "Wave of Mutilation" is on Rock Band (the video game) so the Pixies are getting some exposure there.
    What's kind of funny is that was probably the first Pixies song that I recall hearing, and I didn't care for it. Actually, it was a different version of the song that was on the Pump Up The Volume soundtrack. I had heard of the Pixies and based on the name, I thought I would like them. I just envisioned a sound, nothing specific for sure, but I thought they would be good. Then I heard that, and no luck. A year or two later, another roommate had the Bossanova album. I never got to hear the whole thing, but one day I sampled the beginning of each track, and once again, it just wasn't working for me. The following fall, Frank Black's "Los Angeles" was on Beavis & Butt-Head and I really liked it. It was still a couple years before I got the second Frank Black CD. Then I got all the Pixies stuff at once. The first Pixies CD I put in the player was Surfer Rosa. Once I heard that, I thought, "This rocks! THIS, is the sound I envisioned when I first heard the name 'Pixies'." At first, Bossanova was my least favorite of the bunch, but eventually I came to like that a lot as well.

Meh! Somebody get me when the RATT fiasco is cleared up and they get out on the road.