Thread: Dokken

Dokken

I got a chance to meet Don Dokken and get his new CD autographed at the Queensryche concert Sunday night.

He's a really cool guy who's had a lot of hits over a long career.

It was so cool that he chilled and hung out with his fans at the after-party show. Don Dokken's tunes are so catchy that Queensryche's Geoff Tate sang a couple versus of "In My Dreams" during their show as he said he watches Dokken off stage during his all-ccoustic opening act for the Ryche shows.

Man I had a good time following this tour around for a few Southern California shows. A class act!

There were several generations of fans in the audience, too. Kids whose parents listened to the show. Of course they knew Queensryche, but I was on the balcony with one family and their 16 year old son was digging Dokken and I saw him and his mom and dad buying Dokken's CD and getting it autographed after the show.

I've seen Dokken headline at one little live-music club in San Diego, and I've seen him open for Whitesnake and the Scorpions before. Now he was really well-matched with Queensryche.

I have to say I'm once again impressed. Of course he sings an "ultimate Tycho song: IN MY DREAMS!" hehe

How appropriately inspirational!

Oh - and his guitar player that joined him for their accoustic sets wore a Transformers (Autobots) shirt for their Sunday night performance! Michael Bay would be so proud!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I never really got into Dokken. When it came to heavy metal singers who named their band after their last name (which began with "D"), I usually went with Ronnie James Dio.

Doesn't mean I hate Dokken; I've just never been as familiar with him. I think I have a track or two on a compilation CD somewhere.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not a large Dokken fan, but George Lynch was bomb, yo.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I saw him (and his wig) open for Poison and Cinderella back in Y2K...Tycho, by "a lot of hits" I assume you mean "one hit" ?

Well, two if you count the jam from Elm Street 3

My favorite Dokken song was "Into the Fyyeahh"

I think "Into the Fire" was their first hit.

Breaking the Chains
    Into the Fire
    You Just Got Lucky
    Prisoner
    Heaven Sent
    Kiss of Death
    So Many Tears
    Miles Away
    Dream Warriors

That's maybe only a fourth of the songs I thought of at the moment.

He's a cool guy and a pleasure to meet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Dokken rocks.

That was my 1st concert - they opened for priest ( turbo lover ) tour.

speaking of awesome hair bands - saw Tesla on the 16th. HOLY SMOKES was it a cool concert - Jeff kieth is 50 and STILL sounds like he did in 86.

wootness abounds!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Miles Away
    Do you mean "1000 Miles Away"? Because it was that sexy beast Kip Winger and his merry band of glams that blessed us with "Miles Away".
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Yes. 1000 Miles Away is the song I meant.