Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Sun's gonna explode!!!

Check this out: Flares

As long as The Matrix:Revolutions and EpIII are released before the sun explodes is all I really care about!!! After that the whole earth could melt for all I care! Well, except for SSG of course!

I've known that the sun will eventually "explode" since I was 6 years old in 1974. Don't they teach kids anything anymore?

All stars eventually exhaust their fuel supply and become novae or supernovae... if they are really BIG stars!

This, however, will not happen to our sun for billions of years.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Ummm... I think I meant like ummm Now!
    Actually that would be pretty cool if that actually did happen in our lifetime! If scientist could atleast give us like a 24hr heads up, just so we could witness complete and utter chaos, before we see the big flash in the sky and then... nothing! Vaporized in a nano-second! Yes! That would rock!

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    If scientist could atleast give us like a 24hr heads up, just so we could witness complete and utter chaos, before we see the big flash in the sky and then... nothing! Vaporized in a nano-second! Yes! That would rock!
    I don't know about you, but i'd spend that last 24 hours doing some stuff that needed to be done before i perished into dust. Let's just say that when the sun finally did explode, i'd be pretty spent and probably wouldn't care much.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Ummm... I think I meant like ummm Now!
    Actually that would be pretty cool if that actually did happen in our lifetime! If scientist could atleast give us like a 24hr heads up, just so we could witness complete and utter chaos, before we see the big flash in the sky and then... nothing! Vaporized in a nano-second! Yes! That would rock!

If nothing moves faster than the speed of light and the sun (which we only see because of the light it emits) explodes, how do we know what happens to it before it can effect us?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I don't know about you, but i'd spend that last 24 hours doing some stuff that needed to be done before i perished into dust. Let's just say that when the sun finally did explode, i'd be pretty spent and probably wouldn't care much.

Im with you on this one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    If nothing moves faster than the speed of light and the sun (which we only see because of the light it emits) explodes, how do we know what happens to it before it can effect us?
    Hey Stilla, I'm sure whatever scientist that are out there that have all that fun fancy equipment, could probably detect some sort of change in the sun that could lead to it's destruction. measure such things as pressure build up, core density, whatever; so if there was any major or significant change, they'll just call a news conference to tell us that were all gonna die in about 12-48 hours! So then we can all hopefully go on a rape and pilaging spree like the fore-mentioned replys eluded to...Oh and am I so there! :happy:
    I think I'll go into the sunglass selling business, oh wait I already do that!

So then we can all hopefully go on a rape and pilaging spree like the fore-mentioned replys eluded to...Oh and am I so there! :happy:
    I think I'll go into the sunglass selling business, oh wait I already do that!
    Nice So you'd rather violate another person to make sure your last hours on Earth made you sexually gratified. Stay away from my family, or you'll be departing the Earth a little sooner!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

LOL!!! Well I guess if we only had a 12hr notice well then yes I would rape and pilage, but maybe if we had a 48hr heads up, I might have a SW movie marathon...and then go rape and pilage! Argh!!!

Woah here Xir, i never said anything about rape and whatnot; that crap is one of the things that fires me up the most. I think i speak for Kid Human and myself when i say that none of the things i would do given 48 hours to live would include any harm in any way. Unless of course, you try some of that rape and pilaging crap in my neck of the woods; then the sun would be the LAST thing you'd have to worry about.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"