Obi-Wan Kenobi Theory

i've done some thinking and came up with a big theory..
    Ben Kenobi is the clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi..
    in episode 2 they say clones can be altered physically, or mentally...erase memories etc..
    im guessing anakin does indeed kill obi-wan, has him cloned (being he was a father figure to him) and hopes to turn him to the darkside and he fails
    now since in cloning u can erase memories..it probably explains why he "doesnt remember owning a droid" in episode 4

and my biggest peice of evidence is when Luke asks Ben..."you know him?"

Ben replies... "of course i know him...HE'S ME!"

correct me if im wrong...if someone were to ask u if u knew someone with ur name..wouldnt u say I'M HIM?...and not "HE'S ME?"

just a theory

Most rediculous theory ever. This started way back before E1, when rumors circulated that it wasn't Obi-Wan Kenobi, but a Clone designatuon OB-1. It's total bunk. For one, it's impossible going by the information that is presented about how the cloning works. It takes 10 years to grow a 20 year old clone. And it appears that that augmented aging stops or is shut off at that point. To get a nearly 60 year old Ben Kenobi in ANH, he's have to have been cloned nearly 30 years before ANH. A few years after TPM in other words.

And they never said they could erase clone memories, they're just augmented to accept orders on the battlefield. And that they were created to be more subservent then the original genetic sample. He does remember R2, remember "Obi-Wan's" lil "Certain point of view" that he uses to spin everything.

He never owned a droid. R2-D2 was never owned by him, and the droid in his Jedi Starfighter was owned/supplied by the Senate. So he never did own a droid. So what he said was true, again according to his certain point of view. Also because of how Luke asked him about Obi-Wan, is the reason he answered that way. Here's the dialogue, as well as I could recall without throwing my Laserdiscs in.

BEN: Rest easy, son, you've had a busy day. You're fortunate you're still in one piece.

LUKE: Ben? Ben Kenobi! Boy, am I glad to see you!

BEN: The Jundland wastes are not to be traveled lightly. Tell me young Luke, what brings you out this far?

LUKE: Oh, this little droid! I think he's searching for his former master...I've never seen such devotion in a droid before...there seems to be no stopping him. He claims to be the property of an Obi- Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know who he's talking about?

Ben ponders this for a moment, scratching his scruffy beard.

BEN: Obi-Wan Kenobi...Obi-Wan? Now thats a name I haven't heard in a long time...a long time.

LUKE: I think my uncle knew him. He said he was dead.

BEN: Oh, he's not dead, not...not yet.

LUKE: You know him!

BEN: Well of course, of course I know him. He's me! I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since oh, before you were born.

LUKE: Then the droid does belong to you.

BEN: Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid. Very interesting...

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Interesting theory, but I'd have to agree with JJB .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yes, interesting theory but not good enough. I agree with JJB and Pendo (who agreed with JJB). This would leave WAY too many holes in the PT and OT.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Based on ANH dialogue quoted above, this would have to be impossible.

But, it's still fun to wish up theories anyway!

I forgot about the "before you were born" line . . . do you think he means it literally or will he still be "Obi-Wan" when he drops off the twins on Tatooine in E3 ?

Since everything Obi-Wan says in seasoned with his 'Certain Point of View', who knows for sure. It could just play out that nobody calls him Obi-Wan until after the twins are born. And he gives them the, "No, call me Ben." deal.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I have to sgree with JJB. Even before I read his post I was thinking the samething, he never owned R2. Obi-Wan was his Jedi name. After they are all slaughtered, I wouldnt want to keep that name either.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

He can't be a clone. If he were, his name would be Oobi-Waan Keenobii.
    Tommy, close your eyes.