Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really hate Hyperspace

I am getting so sick of the Hyperspace option on the official web site.

I wanted to post a question to the jedi council today and it informed me that I needed to be signed-in to submit a question. When I went to sign in it took me to the Hyperspace registration screen.

So they're telling me now that if I simply wanted to pose a question to their panel of Star Wars experts, I have to pay $19.95?.

Puh-lease.

I can understand paying for exclusive content but not to just pose a question.

Do they really need my money that bad?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I'm paying for Hyperspace and am just as displeased as you are. There has been no new content. The only time there was content was during filming and that was it. And the Clone Wars cartoons coming up are not worth the cost of Hyperspace. They really need to start delivering again or I may not continue my service.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I agree that at the moment Hyperspace has been slow but it's sure to pick up soon. Hyperspace members are sure to get the Episode III trailers before anyone else, aswell as more exclusive Episode III stuff. I think it'll start picking up again after Christmas.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I'm not knocking the great stuff that the Hyperspace members do get I'm just upset that only Hyperspace members can post questions to ask the Lucasfilm folks.

Even so I think I'd have a hard time justifying spending $19.95 U.S. (26.72 CDN) on content that may get better.

I guess I'm just one of those folks who has a hard time accepting that starwars.com charges now for what they used to give away for free.

Does Lucas really need that much more money?

And please, nobody tell me they need it to keep the website running. I don't believe that.

There are plenty of corporate and newspaper sites that don't charge.
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Star Wars.com really sucks now too. Pretty much any article lately is hyperspace exclusive. Why don't they go ahead and make it $20 to access the site, that's basically all it is anyways.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

....but it's $20 ONE TIME for a year. Come on....how many of us haven't spent a cool $20 on junkfood, cigarettes, fastfood, etc...just in the past week.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Yeah but $20 could buy:

4 Figures, or
    One screen scene, or
    One TRU 4-pack, or
    One of the CW vehicles (excluding the Gunship), or
    a Hasbro lightsaber, or
    something else.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I refuse to spend $20 on something that used to be free.

I already have dropped thousands of dollars on movie tickets, books, comics, videos, DVDs, figures and other miscellaneous Star Wars paraphenelia.

They are not getting one more cent out of me for anything more.
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know of one other fan site (on the clean side of the web) that makes you pay for access. Stupid, especially in light of the argument that they don't need the money - and allowing people to access the articles, etc. breeds more business for them in the long run. I think if we did one of Tycho's polls about our thoughts on this whole thing, the results would be overwhelmingly against it. Im not a spoiler freak, so knowing anything early doesn't interest me, nor does seeing any trailers earlier than need be. Spoiler Freaks might love it I guess, providing what they're getting is "worth" the money.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

We had a poll on the issue before they launched it asking how much would people pay for Episode 3 content. Results heavily favored the $0 option.
    Back and more bearded than ever before