View Poll Results: What did you think of the first episode of the Clone Wars cartoon?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was great. I plan to watch or tape them all now.

153 54.84%
  • It's a cool show, but I'll wait to see them when there's a DVD with them all.

42 15.05%
  • I like it enough that I'll see them when I download them all.

13 4.66%
  • I've seen what it is and I'm either disappointed or not interested anymore.

24 8.60%
  • I haven't seen it, and I'm not interested.

8 2.87%
  • Darn! I missed it! Well, I'll tell you all when I've finally seen something of it.

39 13.98%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I hope HASBRO makes a cloak-shape clone fighter!
    Oh yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I think I want Anakin's starfighter even more now...
    Oh yeah! Ditto.
    -----------------
    (What I said in that other thread.)

Great stuff!

3 minutes seemed like 3 seconds though. The kid and I sat and watched it ... he says after it's over, "That's it 'til Monday?" A little bit like getting one lick from an ice cream cone, and then having to wait a few days for another.

But, I thought it looked great. For something so short it had some nice detail ... Palpatine's clacking nails was great. The ships, scenery, all of it felt very Star Wars. Even heard my wife say, "I'd rather watch this than the movies." I was pretty sure that I'd be happy with it, I love the style, but I'm even a little surprised at how well it works in this case.

Looking forward to more.

-----------------
    BTW Tycho, I'm gonna try and tape it at midnight. (Thanks for the tip. I hope it's on.) If I get it, I'll be able to pull stills from VHS. (In case we want to look at anything in particular in detail.)
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    DCMc, you still trying to download that thing.

I heard that it's almost impossible to download. There are so many people trying it get the short that it's causing a bottleneck.
    Well I don't know about a bottleneck, no one's even got it up on KaZaA yet according to my "clone wars" search.

IRC should be the first place, if anyone comes across it, please post the server/channel. Thanks!
    What am I, a Moisture Farmer, an Angry Loner or a Sith Apprentice - I can't keep up!

You know, it went by so fast that even though I saw the whole thing, I almost have to vote for: "Darn! I missed it! Well, I'll tell you all when I've finally seen something of it."

To clarify, there are no listings here on the west coast showing any reruns. The show started at 8:01pm with a some Cartoon Network lead-in stuff and was out just over halfway through 8:04pm.

I'm going to buck the current love trend here and say I didn't really like it that much. Some of the art wasn't too horrible, but stuff like Yoda and Anakin didn't sit well with me. Much of the action felt more like Genndy's other stuff (Samurai Jack & Dexter's Lab) than SW to me, though the only parts that I remember feeling were not working were the Jedi making a very long jump from the gunship and Anakin's Force push of the SBDs and a slice of a large circle of SBDs all at the same time. The art on Anakin keeps coming back to really bother me, it just doesn't feel at all right. Didn't think squat of the opening titles. At first I was digging the use of SW music, but somewhere around the middle it started to get forced. The integration of CG graphics came off with mixed results.

Ultimately, the biggest detriment to the show was the ultra-short run time of 3 minutes. This felt like a choppy, almost incoherent trailer rather than the first chapter of this story. I'm sure Genndy and crew could have spent an easy 20 minutes actually telling the story they attempted to shoehorn into the scant blink of an eye that they got; at the end I felt like I actually had blinked and missed most of it, and thanks to the MTV-era lightning editing, I didn't really get a chance to digest most of what I saw -- which could either be interpretted as an evil born of necessity or an editing trick to hide a hollow show, or possibly some third option that just ain't dawning on me. But the bottom line is that the format is going to tell the world's choppiest 30-minute story when it's all over and I don't feel drawn to trying to watch that unfurl every night for a couple minutes a night, it's just not rewarding enough.

... and don't get me started on that hair's-breadth of a trailer for chapter 2.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I vote "it was average but I'll still tape every show just because I can't imagine missing it."

Obi-Wan sounded GREAT, Yoda was a bit goofy to me and Anakin sounded . . . oh yeah, I don't know how he sounds because instead of mouthing off to Obi-Wan like he SHOULD have, he just made that dumb "shoulder scrunch and glare" look at Obers. Padme nearly made me LOL because she looked a bit silly, I don't know why but she did.

I have a feeling that this will be my favorite chapter because I am NOT looking forward to the introduction of Durge and Ventress. I'll try to keep an open mind but those two feel REALLY cheap to me.

Still, I have to say that I was excited going into it and it's just cool to have some new product.

Hey, am I going to have to watch that same idiot introduce the show every night? The girl they had was alright but damn that guy annoyed me. And what gives with his slag against SW fans for "usually being home on Friday nights" (or something to that effect) ???
    Umm, sorry guy . . . but you are on a Friday night CARTOON show. So shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffonthego
    Well I don't know about a bottleneck, no one's even got it up on KaZaA yet according to my "clone wars" search.
    Just an update, in last few hours have now found three of at least five Clone Wars promos on KaZaA. Am also queued up for a 40MB mpeg file purporting to be the first Chapter.

Now let's see how long it takes me to download this baby!
    What am I, a Moisture Farmer, an Angry Loner or a Sith Apprentice - I can't keep up!

I missed it because I was wasting 2 Hrs. of my life on Matrix:Revolutuions, & that one, in my opinion sucks!!!!! I can say this about the cartoon though, I hate, hate, Hate the animation !!!! But it sounds like the stories are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    I missed it because I was wasting 2 Hrs. of my life on Matrix:Revolutuions, & that one, in my opinion sucks!!!!! I can say this about the cartoon though, I hate, hate, Hate the animation !!!! But it sounds like the stories are cool.
    LOL, same here, I wasted 2 hours on Kill Bill. Just another crap *** film. No wonder he hasn't done anything in 4 years.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

welllllllll, I'm definitely in the minority here with choosing "haven't seen it, not interested"

I think I'll stick to spongebob and Rocko's modern life. In the past, star wars cartoons for some reason never grabbed my attention, not even the droids series...I guess I should be open minded and catch at least one episode of this new cartoon so I can honestly say that I'm not interested for sure.

Glad most everyone else seems to like it as the artist (can't remember his name) seems like an extremely nice person and very excited to be doing this project!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Deoxy? You're a Rocko's Modern Life fan? You rule, sistah. I adored that series, and hope that rumors are true of a possible DVD release in the future.

"Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust. We put Ed Bighead, in the Earth's Crust."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ok, I just saw the short on Cartoon Networks site and I think is was awesome, but too short. So for those that didn't see it last night go to the site and view it.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)