View Poll Results: What did you think of the first episode of the Clone Wars cartoon?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was great. I plan to watch or tape them all now.

153 54.84%
  • It's a cool show, but I'll wait to see them when there's a DVD with them all.

42 15.05%
  • I like it enough that I'll see them when I download them all.

13 4.66%
  • I've seen what it is and I'm either disappointed or not interested anymore.

24 8.60%
  • I haven't seen it, and I'm not interested.

8 2.87%
  • Darn! I missed it! Well, I'll tell you all when I've finally seen something of it.

39 13.98%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I thought it was great!! But less than five minutes an episode is harsh, and being less than five minutes also kinda makes it feel like it's a comercial to me. I hope they plan to make these 30 min. long in the future, or at least 20 cause less than 5 is not enough.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I missed it and don't plan on seeing it for three reasons. I don't like the animation style, I haven't liked any of the Cartoon Network's own shows, and finally Droids and Ewoks has felt a bad taste long after the shows have gone.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    Voices didn't bother, and I loved how Palpatine forced his say in having Anakin be a leader against the words of Obi Wan.
    Overall I loved it too! Too short! And I set my VCR to auto-record it every night, but it got some of those stupid kids at the beginning and cut off the end. Adjustments are nescessary there.

In addition to the part with Palpy, I liked the way Anakin became deflated when the Jedi were talking to or about him.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I'll add in that the sound effect used for his Jedi Starfighter with the modified engines, was in fact the sound of two Radon-Ulzer Twin Turbine Engines from Episode One's youngest entry in the Boonta Eve Podracing Championship!

Great continuity there. It figures Anakin would use machines he's relied on and knows he can trust.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    OK, I've seen it. Animation sucks.
    what he said.

is there anything that star wars fans won't like? as long as it has the star wars name slapped on it everyone loves it.
    Last edited by derek; 11-08-2003 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    what he said.

is there anything that star wars fans won't like? as long as it has the star wars name slapped on it everyone loves it.
    Or maybe......*GASP*

Some of us actually liked it? Just being a Star Wars fans, doesn't mean we automatically like something. Example: I loathe the EU Universe books pretty much totally.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I was expecting the worse.
    After watching it, I realized while I started collecting again when E2 came out.
    The episode was a powerful few minutes. It rocked!
    I was impressed in just how well some of the main story lines were incorporated into the short tv time.
    The depiction Palpatine's raw emotions, and his ability to motivate and control, well done.
    Also loved the depiction of Anakin & Padme's unholy union, that will only lead to certain destruction.
    Sure it was short, but if these fly well we're certain to see 1/2 hours show in the future. after Ewoks/Droids Lucasfilm has to have some hesitations about a full-fledges flop.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    I actually tend to think the opposite. Is there anything out there associated with the Prequel Trilogy that people will not knock, and tear down.

I see more complaints on this board than I do praise.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Like most everyone else, I really enjoyed this first glimpse. I think I went into it loving Star Wars but with really low expectations. I was happily surprised that it was all I really hoped it would be. The look was great and there were some nice familiar sounds from the movies (Skywalker's starfighter sounded like the pods from Episode I for instance). The teaser part is ok with me. I think that those of us that grew up with episodes 4,5, and 6 are truly used to waiting for out Star Wars fix! A few days is nothing compared to a couple of decades for something new!!!
    Asteroids are of no concern to me!

Darth Deering