View Poll Results: What did you think of the first episode of the Clone Wars cartoon?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was great. I plan to watch or tape them all now.

153 54.84%
  • It's a cool show, but I'll wait to see them when there's a DVD with them all.

42 15.05%
  • I like it enough that I'll see them when I download them all.

13 4.66%
  • I've seen what it is and I'm either disappointed or not interested anymore.

24 8.60%
  • I haven't seen it, and I'm not interested.

8 2.87%
  • Darn! I missed it! Well, I'll tell you all when I've finally seen something of it.

39 13.98%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

What did you think of the first episode of the Clone Wars cartoon?

Tonight is the premier of the Cartoon Network's CLONE WARS!

And it is the first return for new Star Wars programming to TV in over 15 years.

Telling the tale of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi between the time since the first shots of the Clone Wars were fired on Geonosis, until the end of the great galactic battles in Episode 3, there have been novels, young reader stories, video games, and comics.

Now we can also discuss what is sure to be a legendary cartoon!

So what did you think of the first episode of The Clone Wars: The Annimated Series?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ok, that was definatly awesome as hell. The voice talents were even pretty good. The only one that I didn't really like was the one that did 'Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's' voice. But other then that, it kicked arse. Totally in vein with the Star Wars saga, and I hope that it eventually leads into an actual 30 minute series at some point. And let Gendy do that also. The look of the show fits Star Wars perfectly. And the ending with Anakin and Padme sharing a last look before he leaves, and they both put their hands on the glass. Such a powerful scene.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I loved it, the first episode really changed my initial feelings about this series. The one thing I didn't like was 3PO and the cloak, but the rest was good. Voices didn't bother, and I loved how Palpatine forced his say in having Anakin be a leader against the words of Obi Wan.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

It was pretty cool. Alot better than what I thought it would be. Just hope they get in depth more with battle scenes and all. Palpy looked funny as hell though.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

[QUOTE=James Boba Fettfield] The one thing I didn't like was 3PO and the cloak, but the rest was good.[QUOTE]

Let's face it, JBFF, 3PO's interaction with the cloak could've been MUCH worse. He could've been like "woah waoh!" and gotten lost in it and slipped and fallen, knocking R2 off the platform into the back of Anakins ship and then lift off pressure shoots R2 off the platform, but he uses his rocket boosts and lands. Then Threepio stand up and be like "I've had the most peculiar dream."

I loved it, but it ended much to soon!! I wanted more!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I didn't mind the C-3PO and the Cloak bit. I think it's just a good way of showing Anakin's priorities are so changable. In E1 he's the droid's creator, so proud of C-3PO. And then the minute that he gets to go with Qui-Gon he just makes a cheap apology to C-3PO and scrams. He's starting to see C-3PO just like most people seem to see droids in the Star Wars universe. Just a tool, and not worthy of being treated with respect.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

What Guyute said, seemed too short. Didn't feel like 5 minutes. Other than that I liked it.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I just got off work so i missed it but from what my brother told me it was cool. I liked the part with Anaking in his ship ready to depart and the look he gives Padme. You can tell hes sad and she is too. I dont think he worried about not ever seeing her again, he just wanted to be with her. I kept thinking about that shot (i seen it in one of the commercials) while i was working today. Needless to say i was very depressed at work.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

OK, it re-runs at midnight. (some stories say 1am) - Somebody east coast please confirm...

Meanwhile, it comes on in the first 10 minutes of programming in the 8 o'clock showing. I'd set VCRs or eyes on the TV between 7:55 and 8:10 (unless you really like Pokemon or something...).

Note: it will be shown every WEEK night at 8pm during whatever is the regular programming. Only tonight (I hope) it happens to be Pokemon.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It was awsome. the DVD will be good so you can see more at one time. But the scenes were cool and it was great how they used music from the films. It helped give you the familiar star wars feeling. I enjoyed it. cant wait to see ventress, durge and kit fisto in the water.
    scooby-wan kadoobie