Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Barry Manilow ANH thread

This is a continuation of this thread:

Barry Manilow in ANH?

Barada, the car accident was only weeks before the start of filming on ESB, so the Holiday Special is the last time we see Luke before his face changed. That's why the Wampa mauls Luke's face, to explain the scars and different shape. At least, that's what I've heard.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Can you imagine Lucas' reaction when he heard about the accident and subsequent plastic surgery?

I bet he cussed.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Smile

JT - I read about that in the Star Wars Insider ESB 20th anniversary issue. They say the same thing you did above.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

DC, I believe I read about that first in the "Blue Harvest" fanzine, and few years later, the ESB issue of the SWI. The SWI had the pic of Luke's face in the half-cast/bandage thing, I thought it was pretty creative to change the story like that. But I'll bet barada was right, I bet there was a whole lotta cussin' in Skywalker Ranch the day they learned about the accident.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So has there ever been any explanation as to why he's wearing so much makeup for the Holiday Special? If it was for the noted accident as I used to assume, then it's acceptable.

Otherwise, for someone to greenlight that look is ridiculous !

There's no excuse for his Max Factor face in the Holiday Special since the accident happened almost a year later, I would guess that the producers of this thing (Lucas says he had nothing directly to do with it) were just incredibly sloppy -- if you've seen it, then you're probably saying "how surprising would THAT be?"

I thought the Christmas Special was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!.........

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

May the spirit of Triumph flow through you!

I laughed.

JT, If I can get you to laugh, I feel like I have accomplished something. :-)

The spirit of Triumph always flows through me.

I think every post I have made on Ain't It Cool News' forums has been just that line.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I scoured the end credits for the Holiday Special and Lucas' name doesn't show up anywhere.

Han was wearing just as much make-up as Luke, which was really disturbing to watch.

I remember the first and only time I watched it, I was almost at the end I thought the pain was over, then....Leia starts singing.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(I love that s***-eating grin!)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis