Hybrid View

Phantom Menace Pepsi Cans

I was recently cleaning up my room, and I have a TON of these cans. Other than my complete set, I have an additional set, a huge amount of extras. Of the extras I have about 30+ Jar Jar Storm cans. I also have extra Mountain Dew (Darth Maul), Pepsi (Anakin), and Storm (Jar-Jar) empty 12-pack cases. I would hate to just throw out (recycle ) all of the collectibles, but I'm not sure what esle to do. I doubt they will sell on eBay (only cans that seem to recieve bids are non-US, gold Yoda, or Destiny.) They aren't good trade bait. . . apparently everyone has them. So what do you think I should do with them? They are taking up space, so something must be done. If anyone has any ideas, or is interested in any of them, let me know. If I can't sell/trade them, I'd rather give them to someone who'd want them.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

I tried to collect all the cans, but since I only drink diet pepsi, I only got the 4 from that series. I've seen the set selling for $100, but that included a nice display case. I'm not sure how many takers there were for the complete set of cans. I forgot who was selling them, but I don't think it was eBay. What condition are they in? I might be interested, but not for $100.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I tried to collect all the cans, but since I only drink diet pepsi, I only got the 4 from that series. I've seen the set selling for $100, but that included a nice display case. I'm not sure how many takers there were for the complete set of cans. I forgot who was selling them, but I don't think it was eBay. What condition are they in? I might be interested, but not for $100.

The set you are referring to was in the Insider, and came with empty but unopened) cans, and a special carrying case. I've seen those on eBay for around $25. . . don't think it sold too well in the Insider.

My cans are all in good condition, no dents, etc. If you are interested in any (even if its only one can), please drop me a PM. I am not looking for anything near $100, I'm just looking for a new home other than the Recycling Center.

30 cans of Jar Jar! Wow, good luck losing that many of him.

But in all seriousness, let us know if you get rid of these. I'm curious to see if there are people still looking for these.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    30 cans of Jar Jar! Wow, good luck losing that many of him.

But in all seriousness, let us know if you get rid of these. I'm curious to see if there are people still looking for these.
    That is a lot. I was buying these cans by the case, and I just never threw any away. I needed a 24 pack, and 12 pack, so I have 30+ Jar Jar Storm. He actually wasn't released in my area, so I bought them all in Philadelphia. I just have trouble throwing out Star Wars stuff.

I'll be sure to let you know the fate of the cans.

PM sent! Thanks!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett07728
    I needed a 24 pack, and 12 pack, so I have 30+ Jar Jar Storm. He actually wasn't released in my area, so I bought them all in Philadelphia. I just have trouble throwing out Star Wars stuff.
    You might be able to get rid of a good majority of those Jar Jar Storm cans. Storm was test market pop, so it only showed up in a few select cities. I know it never was available here. I collected the cans and have most of them. I think I'm only missing 10 cans, and yes, they are all the rare ones.

Gold Yoda (Pepsi can)
    Gold Yoda (Mountain Dew can)
    Gold Yoda (Diet Pepsi can)
    Gold Yoda (Pepsi One can)
    Gold Yoda (Storm can)
    Gold Yoda (Pepsi/Mountain Dew/Diet Pepsi/Pepsi One redemption can)
    Destiny
    Jar Jar Binks (Storm can)
    Qui-Gon Jinn (Storm can)
    Luke Skywalker (mockup test can)
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 11-13-2003 at 02:10 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I got rid of mine after I scored the Pepsi Collector cards set because each card had a pic of the corresponding can.

bobafrett, I'm quite certain that $100 display case you saw allows for about $95 toward the case.
    Seriously though, I saw that listed in the Insider (I think) and I believe they were uncirculated cans.