Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Really going to be disappointed in Episode 3

TFN revealed some scenes where Hayden (playing Anakin) is shown awakening after his tragic fight with Obi-Wan, and realizing what's been done to his body (to keep him alive) and what he's done to Padme and Obi-Wan.

This is gratuitous pandering to fans who want to see Darth Vader "get made."

1) I would have used another character to be "a pupil (of Obi-Wan's) before he turned to evil" to help make Darth Vader's identity ambiguous until Yoda confirms it in ROTJ, preserving the shock in ESB, when you never thought Anakin was still alive.

1a) Give Obi-Wan a new padawan, who is jealous, or has other greivances with Anakin, and who ends up MIA - probably dead, but possibly on the Dark Side.

1b) If General Grevious is a Cy-Borg, have him serve Obi-Wan first, as an advisor into how to defeat droid minds, and then have him turn on Obi-Wan, but escape, so that he could possibly be rebuilt into Darth Vader...

2) Leave Anakin for dead after the tragic fight with Obi-Wan. The new Dark Lord can be obsessed with finding Padme, but it can skip the details on exactly why he wants to know the fate of her and her unborn Skywalker child.

3) Introduce Vader as a mystery: the Emperor's new enforcer. Possibly General Grevious or possibly that new Padawan of Obi-Wan Kenobi's.

Do not show Hayden's face while he wears "the suit."

Make the whole darn thing play out like a 12 hour movie! Don't spoil the surprises.

Don't reveal there are twins, either...

I may learn to hate Episode 3.

And I love the prequels.

Wouldn't it suck if the middle chapter of this whole thing turned me off?

I mean right smack in the middle of watching all these films in episode order?

If Lucas is intending to make the movies watchable in order, he's going about it wrong. 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3 seem to be the way to view them.

The experience we had watching these films will no longer be timeless, as everyone will know who Darth Vader is before Luke does.

Sucks to be a fan right now...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No Tycho, what sucks is that you clung to these hopes of not seeing anakin turned into Vader when Lucas and his lackeys have been TELLING us for YEARS that we are going to see Anakin become Vader.

There will be no surprises about Vader or the twins. It was not part of the plan since pre-TPM so you shouldn't have held to those hopes.

And as far as I'm concerned, I don't care about preserving any surprises. I had to see these in order of release so if some new generation of fans comes along and can somehow be introduced to SW without any background knowledge (YEAH, RIGHT Hell, all of the people I know who aren't even familiar with SW STILL know the "I am your father" thing). Anyway if some possible new fans do come along, then let them watch them in the same order I did. Screw them, I don't care about their "experience."

Episode III may very well suck but it's going to be due to crap like General Grievous being in the movie and Padme dying.

That's what I'm worried about, none of the "surprise" nonsense which has never even been a possibility since Lucas decided to go back and do the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    No Tycho, what sucks is that you clung to these hopes of not seeing anakin turned into Vader when Lucas and his lackeys have been TELLING us for YEARS that we are going to see Anakin become Vader.

There will be no surprises about Vader or the twins. It was not part of the plan since pre-TPM so you shouldn't have held to those hopes.

And as far as I'm concerned, I don't care about preserving any surprises. I had to see these in order of release so if some new generation of fans comes along and can somehow be introduced to SW without any background knowledge (YEAH, RIGHT Hell, all of the people I know who aren't even familiar with SW STILL know the "I am your father" thing). Anyway if some possible new fans do come along, then let them watch them in the same order I did. Screw them, I don't care about their "experience."

Episode III may very well suck but it's going to be due to crap like General Grievous being in the movie and Padme dying.

That's what I'm worried about, none of the "surprise" nonsense which has never even been a possibility since Lucas decided to go back and do the prequels.
    Much agreed on all of the above.

Agreed. The whole 6 movie saga is supposed to be the story of the life of Anakin Skywalker. From his early days as a slave on Tatooine, his discovery by Qui-Gon, his training by Obi-Wan, his eventual fall to the Dark Side and battle with Obi-Wan. And then his rebirth as Darth Vader. Then his eventual repetence of the things he's done.

Why play tricks and nonsense to clog up E3 with a bunch of useless red herrings. Everyone pretty much knows the "Luke, I am your father" deal. It's ingrained so deeply in public culture, that it won't likely be a suprise for anyone anyway. Besides, I've said time and again the only real changes is how people will feel about Ben's lies to Luke in ANH. And the revelation in ESB.

But instead of feeling nothing when Kenobi is lieing to Luke, we'll feel great sadness most likely for Obi-Wan. His Padawan, his student, someone he cared for, turned to evil and he had to deal with him. And then instead of the personal shock for the reveal in ESB, we'll instead feel worse for Luke. Because we know that everything that he's come to know about his father is a lie. It works still, just on a different level.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Also in EV we have Luke heading down the same path and it makes it seem all the more likely that Luke may turn evil.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Now has anybody considered the possiblity that all of these "facts" that TFN and other sources have given us are possibly false?

We've got a year before we even see a trailer for this thing.
    I plan to reserve judgement until then.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I've considered for a while that they are fake but there is considerable evidence builiding up that says it is not fake. With all the evidence I must believe the majority of what I have heard, most unfortunately.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    But instead of feeling nothing when Kenobi is lieing to Luke, we'll feel great sadness most likely for Obi-Wan.

sigh, he wasn't "lying." He really did believe that Anakin was dead. sigh. No wonder movies are so crappy anymore. There is an entire generation growing up that is incapable of cognitivly recognizing subtlety. Bring on some more Yu-Gi-Oh!

That is you're personal opinion of what Obi-Wan says. He plays it off as being 'His own point of view'. But a lie by any other name, still is a twisting of the truth. The belief that he lied is 'my certain point of view', a view that many people agree with.

Remember, "Many of the truths we cling to, depend on our own point of view." Which is Kenobi's cheesy work around for why he lied to Luke in ANH. In my opinion the only person who believes Anakin to be 'dead' is Anakin himself.

And don't be such an ***, talking down to me like I can't recognize subtle things in movies. You're not that much older then I, bub. So don't play the 'Yu-Gi-Oh! crap on me. It's assine and demeaning. And only helps to hurt any argument you could convey for your opinion and point of view.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

stillakid,

maybe i missed it, but have you outlined how you would of liked the pre-quils to have been? if not, could you start a thread about it,as i'm curious to see what you would of liked to have seen.

personally, i have no problem with us seeing anakin become vader. i'm with caesar...screw the future generations. if they want to watch the movies and be suprised, they can watch them by their release dates. i don't understand why anyone who knows anakin is vader cares if some future generation is suprised by vader's revelation to luke.

i think having the audience know that is anakin skywalker come thru the door on leia's ship at the beginning of episode 4, watch as his daughter's homeworld is blown up, and chase his son down a death star trench while trying to kill him makes darth vader a real three dimensional character, instead of some generic bad guy in black.

and like jar jar said, what would be the puropse of having 5 different people "die" in episode 3 and have one mystery man emerge as vader? i wish george would instead focus on the finer points of the story, like making anakin and padme's relationship even kinda believable.
    Last edited by derek; 11-11-2003 at 10:36 PM.