Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Clone Wars Animated - Wave Two!!!!!

I know that the Yoda will be pictured on the cover of the new Insider, but I recently stumbled across this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=50271

It is for the first wave of figures (there are three different auctions), but the card back shows Wave Two!!!!

The pictures are small, and they have a user ID over them, but you can easily make out Durge, Yoda, a Clone Trooper, and Dooku. Looks like we will get some more figures after all. Not too sure if an animated Clone Trooper was necessary. . . but I am looking forward to that Dooku.

So. . . if these sell. . . do you think we'll get another wave? Saesee Tinn, Kit Fisto, Palpatine, Amidala. . .

At first I was worried about these. . . but after seeing the first two episodes, I'm hooked, and I want some animated, and non-animated figures!!!!!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

I might buy them if they made Padme. I think she's just too cute.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The Clone's kind cool, maybe we'll see some CW toon ARC figures as well. Yoda and Dooku look pretty good, Durge really looks... feminine.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

woah woah, wave 2??? is wave 1 even out yet?!?!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    woah woah, wave 2??? is wave 1 even out yet?!?!
    I don't think any are legitamitely "out" yet. This auction is overseas, and is probably straight out of the factory. I can't wait for wave one, but the pics on the cardback show that wave two is definitely in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Durge really looks... feminine.
    Yeah. . . I'm not too impressed with him either. That is how he looks in the cartoon though

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I might buy them if they made Padme. I think she's just too cute.
    I was leaning more towards adorable. . . but I'll take cute.

Well, hold off on e-Bay. I'm betting these figures will be $3.99 or less when they debut. Here's why:

1) they don't go with our regular collection, so the low price point will entice us to buy, when we'd normally only rationalize a budget for the main line (which has us buying plenty already).

2) they aren't heavy on articulation or weapons, so they don't put too much into the packaging.

3) with less small parts, they'll appeal to parents of very young SW fans who did not get the Playskool stuff, or who would otherwise prefer at least somewhat poseable figures (weapons might be permanently molded to hands).

So Hasbro will squeeze more dollars out of their Star Wars license again.

In 1999 it was probably their most surprising failure.

In 2002 it was their largest success that blew every other toyline out of the water.

In 2003 it was a slowed-down year, but by X-mas time, Hasbro should close out 2003 with Star Wars as their leading property.

They seemed to have played their cards right (and done their market research).

It would then make sense that the figures will be $3.99 or less... Possibly even grocery-store marketable...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I agree. . . there is never any reason to pay $$$$ on eBay for a figure that hasn't seen it's US release yet. Not only do you pay WAY over retail, but you pay $15 in shipping. I don't see the logic.

Also. . . $3.99 would be a great price-point. Seeing how Target recently sold figures at this price, and I assume sold quite a few figures, it would make sense. Maybe that was a test-run? Doubtful. . . but you never know.

I really like these animated figures, much much better than the regular Clone Wars line which i just will not but.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

COOL, the second wave looks much better than the first.

I'd also like,

Battle Droid (with missle laucher)
    Super Battle Droid
    Destroyer Droid
    ARC Trooper (red & blue)

Those 4 should be Wave 3.

Now only if they weren't a Target exclusive...