Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The fate of FARSCAPE will be revealed tomorrow

Remember, if STAR TREK had been a ratings success, it would have probably run as long as GUNSMOKE or HAWAII FIVE-0!
    Speaking of keeping things in perspective, remember the original STAR TREK (I am assuming you are talking about the original here) ran 80 episodes! By todays standards that's 5 seasons. Considering most new prime time shows run short seasons their first year (16-18 episodes) and around 22 epoisodes per year after that. By todays standards a 5 year runs is a success!

Also, let's not forget that the original series has spawned 4 successful additional series! All of which ran well past the 5 season mark, except for "Enterprise" which is still in production, and a host of movies with the original cast!

Also Hawaii Five-0 and Gunsmoke have never been as successful as STAR TREK in syndication.

All I am trying to say, is that if you want to downplay Farscape, comparing it to the most successful franchise in television and movie history probably isn't your best bet.

BTW, Farscapes ratings were NOT on a decline, I googled it. Farscape had a 1 million plus steady viewership! Just check here:

http://richard04330.tripod.com/farscape/Ratings.htm

Now, about Angel...
    May the force be with you.

Actually, 80 eps is about 4 seasons today including your "shy" first season, and generally not syndicatable for another season; though back then the show only needed a full 3rd season to get syndicated, which is why the letter-writing campaign during Trek's season 2 cancellation really saved Trek's bacon, by allowing a 3rd season they made it possible to have the series live on in reruns and build its audience. However, Trek shows usually run 26 eps per season and don't have short freshmen years. Oh, and Enterprise is on the brink of cancellation due to weak ratings.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, Sunday and Monday brought us 4 more hours of Farscape, and they were outstanding! The first half blew my mind, a sweeping epic that totally captured everything really incredible about this series... except perhaps Rigel having Aeryn's baby gestating inside him. The second half was really good on a more intimate path, but still really delivered the goods and wrapped up the wormhole weapon plotline with such an amazing display. All in all, I felt both satiated and yet also hungry for more. I hope everybody who wanted more Farscape enjoyed this, it may not have been as good as another season, but it was still great none the less.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.