WHo watched the BEginning of the ALDS on Fox?

Who saw the Star Wars intro to the Yankees Red Sox series? That was awesome
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: WHo watched the BEginning of the ALDS on Fox?

Sadly, I thought it was terrible. Too cliche'd for me, poorly edited. But, any SW reference gets some points for effort.

p.s. I'm in a sour mood right now, so take this with a grain (or bucket) of salt.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

COme on, you had to laugh at Johnny Damons head on CHewies body and Emperor Zim
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Johnny Damons head on CHewies body
    Now I am wishing I had seen this. Just thinking about that makes me laugh.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I have it on DVR, just wish I could get screen shots of it.

Sorry, but I hated it. I though it was ridiculously cheesy, and completely uneccessary. While I love Star Wars getting props, I could do with out this nonsense. What happened to normal intros to the series, and shots of key players in action? Oh yeah. . . Fox has been doing the Postseason lately. They go out of their way to make their telecasts trendy, and "cool," and it makes me sick. Joe Buck constantly making coments on how "hip" the music is that is playing during a specific graphic. . . Who cares!?!?!? If they put up a graphic about Boston's Power numbers, talk about that. . . not the fact that Earth, Wind and Fire is "Jamming in the background." Every year it seems they get further and further from the actual game being played. I feel bad that Al Leiter has to be in the booth with those two clowns McCarver and Buck. Sorry, I've ranted here, but as a baseball fan (and I guess a purist) this has been bothering me for sometime.

BTW. . . the idea of Damon as Chewie WAS funny, but this wasn't the time for me.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    COme on, you had to laugh at Johnny Damons head on CHewies body and Emperor Zim
    Okay, okay. You got me there. Maybe it's my growing loathing of the Yankee Greatness. Now, the Pirates vs. Yankees in 1960 was a true Rebels vs. Imperials series! (No, I wasn't alive then, that was from a long time ago, in a ballpark far, far gone. Long before I was born.)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(