View Poll Results: Will you be giving any Star Wars gifts this holiday season?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

70 39.33%
  • Possibly, but only to other Star Wars fans.

33 18.54%
  • No.

66 37.08%
  • Unsure.

9 5.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will you be giving any Star Wars gifts this holiday?

Now's the season for giving. Meanwhile business reports I've read say retail sales have been slow, Wal-Mart's growth's failed to meet forecasts, the economy may be recovering, but it's gaining momentum at a very unimpressive rate.

How does that affect us, Star Wars collectors who rabidly pursue toy manufacturer items for ourselves?

Well, most completists here know what they'll be shopping for, and pickers-n-choosers like myself will be doing are thing, some army-building or whatnot.

But will any of you be purchasing Star Wars items as gifts for other people?

I've been considering looking for sales and taking advantage of them to offer toys to San Diego's younger fire victims.

The KB Toys Value Packs might work real nicely for gifts like that, especially since those kids lost everything, so it's not like they'll get duplicates to complain about.

What do you guys think? Who's giving Star Wars this holiday?

And what would make good SW gifts?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I wished I had a "Not Sure" option in the poll, but on the new forums system, I'm not able to re-edit poll options after I've posted them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Close it and start over.

I think it will be a busy Holiday season, maybe not for Sw toys specifically though. Although SW does have the CW goingtfor it, amybe that will help get new or younger collectors interested.

But I work for UPS and the volume has already picked up more then it was at this time last year. It's possible that things have been so bleak for so long that people may be ready to spend, if only as an escape.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I will probably only buy Star Wars items for myself. I do have Star Wars collecting friends, but my budget doesn't have enough money to buy them all gifts. I'll be lucky just to get my son a few gifts.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

My friends and I don't really do the gift thing for the holidays. So no, I won't be giving Star Wars gifts....unless you count playing Rebel Strike co-op with a brother and friends, then yes, I will be "giving" a gift of Star Wars.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-17-2003 at 02:14 PM. Reason: I called Rebel Strike "Rogue Strike", thus making myself look like a jerk!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

This poll can stay open. JediTricks as the SuperMod can edit the options and add a "Don't know yet" choice.

I've already picked up a few figures to give to charities, and I plan to get my best bud's son this animated-style Boba Fett shirt I saw a couple of weeks ago at Disneyland, so I'm pretty much committed to yes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Like Chux, I will also be giving some figures to anonymous recipients (Toys for Tots).

Also, I am giving 2 Holiday Yodas as gifts this year as well as Star Wars Legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I wished I had a "Not Sure" option in the poll, but on the new forums system, I'm not able to re-edit poll options after I've posted them.
    Added.

As much as I'd like to, nothing this year in SW merchandise really seems like stuff I'd give my friends & family. The idea about those KB 4packs for donations is a good idea though, and I saw one the other day with gold-border figs in it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No, I'm the only SW geek in the family and No, I wont give crappy secound had 4 packs to needy kids. There's better stuff to give.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)