Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TRU Ad: Nov. 23-26

I just got next week's Toys R Us Ad. The once "exclusive" Lightsaber Action Pack from KB is gonna be at TRU.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tru_ad_11_23-26.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	7092  
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Actually they've had'em at Amazon for a bit now at that price. I'm suprised they're gonna be selling'em in store, maybe it'll worth checking out if they have some good figures with the sabers.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hopefully they pack them at the stores - my TRU has had a million red guards
    since last June. Maybe I can get some in a pack with the orange or green sabers I still need.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I've already seen 'em in the stores. What caught my eye was that someone swapped one of the figures and left the space empty.

They really should have a "you fill the slots" offer on these and the KB 4 packs. The idea is to have one of those large baskets or end cap with all figures that are available for the saber's 3 slots or the 4 pack slots. Then you fill the slots with the figures you want.

I know some will argue the logistics and that some will try and cheat the system. Just have a 2-4 page pamplet that shows all the figures available for the offer at the register. Then the cashier will know if you're picks are up to snuff.

It's just like the produce lists you see cashiers going through at registers in grocery stores. It takes a few seconds to scan through and check.

Then again, Christmas is coming, some collectors are a-holes and would try to argue their way into screwing the whole thing up.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

You mean they're not? I've seen those KB ones filled every which way, even saw some gold-border figures in one last week!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    They really should have a "you fill the slots" offer on these and the KB 4 packs. The idea is to have one of those large baskets or end cap with all figures that are available for the saber's 3 slots or the 4 pack slots. Then you fill the slots with the figures you want.
    While a noble idea, I see a flaw that within a few hours there would be nothing but Orn Free Ta's & Senator Palpatines to fill up the 4-packs.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Thanks. Don't forget people that you can send in News like this to me or submit it yourself in our News system.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Hopefully this will be a great gimmick to get all the pegwarmers out of the stores. Unfortunately for collectors like me who have about all they want to get of 2002 stuff (except for Ephant Mon, of course), it's not a great deal.

Remember a couple of years ago on Black Friday when TRU had all their EP1 figures for $1.99? That would be great because the selection was pretty decent, not the same 5-6 figures that are ubiquitous in the value packs.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The TRU I went to today had 4 huge boxes of these with nary but a few missing. I like the concept, but I really don't collect the toy lightsabers.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!