Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tycho presents: ASK GEORGE LUCAS

Note the following thread may disclose spoilers for Episodes 3, 7, 8, 9, and the blockbuster duel, "Fey'lya versus JarJar."

Lasers and Gamorreans, welcome to tonight's program. I've finally given up and caved in to fan pressure. I've decided to reveal myself: I'm George Lucas.

That's right folks. I've been here all along trying to explain to you that the Force is in all things, especially Mouse Droids, and how I've decided to make the whole of the Star Wars universe populated by Clones, and all those other wonderful things I've done, for reasons seemingly impossible to decipher.

Well, now, only here on this elusively small, and hidden forums thread, you can ask me what I was thinking when I made many of the most pertinent decisions that effected to evolution of Star Wars.

So let's get started: go ahead and ask your questions!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hmm, anyone wanna place bets on how long it is before Tycho gets a cease and desist order from Lucasfilm.
    Remember kids, Identity theft isn't cool.

Besides, I'm really George Lucas. Seriously, would anyone else like Jar Jar Binks more then GWL myself.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Mr. Lucas..

no.. the other one..

What were you thinking when you had Luke kissing his sister?

Why must you toy with the originals?

Why is Boss Nass different from the rest of the Gungans?

How much Equipment can a Jedi carry in his belt? ( they automatically have breathing apperatouses equiped? )

and lastly - what happened to the story lines and other "content" that should have been included with all the special effects in EP I & II - and will that stuff be included in EPIII?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

What was I thinking when I had Luke kissing his sister?

Well, you see I once had a sister. She was the only one who originally believed in my crazy ideas for my movies. We got close, and we kissed, and it caused some controversy in the family, as you might imagine. Well, I just have to be candid here. Things got a little heated up, it was going to cause some problems, but I wanted to keep her close. She's buried right here in my backyard.

Recently, my psychiatrist has told me that showing Luke kissing Leia is the physical embodiment of my desire to come forward and confess my sins to the public, and ask them for acceptance and forgiveness. I figure I truly am a pioneer along the way to paving people's rights and my movies will be a spearhead for the Incest-Pride Week I'm hoping my new Hollyweird governor will establish in my home state of Collieformula.

Why must I toy with the originals?

By this I assume you mean the original Star Wars movies? Well, this relates to your previous question about Luke kissing Leia. In order to be politically correct and do things like acknowledge acceptance of the Incest Pride Camp, as well as the whole rainbow coalition of tastes and preferences out there, I had to make my movies "show the love." I couldn't leave Han Solo as a cold-blooded killer, so the new P.C. Han actually likes green people. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, but Greedo fires first, and Han's shocked reaction is to fire back. This is the way I've always intended the scene to be, I was only unaware of that when I first made Star Wars, because I wasn't in touch with my inner-love, my inner-heart. Now when you see Joh Yowza perform with Sy Snootles, you will just see my love pouring out into these movies, as I even treat the characters so well, that I don't just go off and revamp my movies, and not give Sy a boyfriend.

Why is Boss Nass is different from the other Gungans?

Boss Nass is bigger than they are. He has a larger mouth. He talks louder than them. And he is in charge of the rest of them. From this we can assume he eats more than the rest of them. Jabba also eats well, and he too holds a position of power in my movies. One can only assume I am subliminally saying something here. Porkins was different from the rest of the Rebel Pilots. Each of these characters had moments of glory in my movies. Since a movie is a presentation dependant upon being performed over a certain period of time, people in my movies who want to be big time, - well you can assume they ate their minutes worth!

How much equipment can a Jedi carry on his belt?

Have you seen Inspector Gadget? I mean R2-D2 doesn't come close to giving them a run for their money, because if he did, I'd have made the movies about him! So the Jedi can carry a lot - breathing apparatuses included.

What happened to storylines that should have been included in Episodes I and II? - will they be in Episode 3?

Yes. We're trying to do our best. We are very ambitious with our last Star Wars film, and after trying to fit 8.9 million special effects into the film, I was thinking I'd add some story - about Anakin or someone - to 'culture' the movie, if you will. Give it something old fashioned in its approach. We're going to use some actors to try and accomplish this.

Well I'm ready for some more questions.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Why did you cut Anakin seeing Padme's family?

Why the heck did you have Anakin riding that... er... CGI beast and pretend to fall off, making for what is a horrible scene?

What species is Yoda?

What can I expect to see for the DVD's in 2004?

Why is Jango CGI in the droid factory? You know how fake he looks. Do you plan on fixing this?

Since EI and EII DVD's are going out of produciton by the end of this year can we expect new revamped DVD's of them as well, like possibly around March 2005?

Can you please sign my Jorg Sacul action figures, thanks?
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Mr. Lucas,

Some might argue that you began to lose it during the making of Return of the Jedi, what with those teddy bears and all. (We pretty much understand that the Holiday Special wasn't all your fault.)

Then came some questionable alterations in your Special Editions, like having Greedo fire wildly into the wall first.

In the interim between Star Wars washings, there was the rather interesting Howard the Duck.

And now, you're subjecting your loyal fans to a complete reimagining of the events which led up to the story which brought you fame and fortune.

It doesn't take a genius to look up your filmography and see that you've been at your best when you allow others to help you write and create. I'm also aware that you had a world class WGA writer ready to sign on the dotted line to help you write Episode I but you refused to deal with a "union" member. While your consistent disdain for "Hollywood" and it's unions is well known and borne out by your choice to film primarily overseas, your decision to rebuff the aid of a qualified writing staff is relatively new.

So I'm just curious, why the change in attitude over the years? I know, I know, the studio took American Grafitti away from you so you have this lifelong grudge against anything Hollywood. But why let that effect the art? You had a good thing going there for awhile and it looked like you understood the need for help at the most critical stage of creation. Was it ego that kept you from getting help with your newest screenplays or something else?

I'm just trying to understand what happened. Thanks. I look forward to your response.

- a fan

Ah some more questions.

Why did I cut Anakin seeing Padme's family?

I thought there was something wrong with the chemistry between the actors. Did you see the way Hayden was smiling at the man playing Padme's dad? The scene suggested something that was just wrong.

Why did I have Anakin riding that CGI beast?

Well, these beasts don't really exist in real life, so I couldn't exactly go to an animal training agency and have one provided. It also looks like Anakin is almost trying to surf the beast. This is intentional as I wanted to do something unexpected and you'd figure the big surfing scene would be on Kamino, but neither Obi-Wan nor Jango had some time to catch some waves, so I did it this way. Anakin's movements should subliminally remind you of surfing, and for surfing, you usually need water, and water should remind you of Kamino, because it has a lot of water, and Kamino should remind you that Obi-Wan still had a story going on there, so the audience never loses track of that fact. I have to take it for granted that the audience is pretty stupid you know.

What species is Yoda?

Yoda is a Perot, the same species as Ross, and his distant cousin, George Burns. They are all old dudes with big ears who know it all - or didn't you notice? George and Ross have paid a lot of money to lighten their skin. It's the same doctor as Michael Jackson I believe.

What can you expect to see for DVD's in 2004?

Master and Commander.
    Matrix Revolutions
    Pirates of the Carribean
    the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre - there's going to be a lot of them.
    Personally, I'd check out Jessica Alba in "Honey."

Why is Jango CGI in the Droid Factory? Do I know how fake he looks? and Do I plan to change this?

Jango is CGI because I wanted to see if I could do a CGI bounty hunter and get away with it, or if anyone would notice. Eventually I want to do CGI human characters (I might hint of a young Grand Moff Tarkin to appear in the next film), so I was testing the waters with a helmeted character that might be easier to produce. Obviously it didn't fool you. But I don't plan to change this because I am now conducting an experiment to see how many true-believing loyalists I have out there who will stand in comic book shops across the country and swear he looks real in that scene!

Since the E1 and E2 DVDs are going out of production, can we expect revamped DVDs in 2005?

Of course. I've got so many plans to make you buy as many copies of the DVDs as you did my VHS versions of the Classic Trilogy. First, are you liking that Clone Wars cartoon? Good. Because the only way to get that all on DVD will be to buy a bundled pack of Episode One and Two. But it wouldn't be fair if I made you buy the same movies over and over again, right? Now I'll re-edit in the deleted scenes, like Padme's family, so it won't be the same movie and you'll be buying something new to get your cartoons. Wait until the Classic Trilogy is done on DVD? It will only be available in a 6 pack, but don't you worry, 'ol Uncle George is going to create whole new versions of Episodes One and Two just for that release. - Incidently, that's why it's taking so long to get the Classic movies out there on DVD. I have to make whole new versions of the PT to sell to you with the whole darn bundle - but that's why I have a big ranch and my own custom firetrucks from my very own fire department. I know how to market these things!

Can I sign your Jorg Sacul action figure?

No. I'm sorry. I don't do autographs. Like many other celebreties who have an over-inflated sense of their own self-worth, I feel I'd literally be unable to do anything else, like create a new JarJar Binks show for television in the tradition of the old holiday special, if I spent all my free time signing autographs. But I don't want to disappoint everyone, so at conventions I'll let Rick sign a few. Aren't you just dying for that?

And the last question is about getting help writing my screenplays.

Screenplays? My movies are supposed to have screenplays? You know I knew there was something I forgot. I hired a lot of talent to make my pictures: I got a guy who walks funny, I got people who blow stuff up, I've got CGI characters that were impossible to realize a few years ago, and people want more writing? I have an ingenious plot that spans all 3 movies, and it will be coming together in the next one. Patience young fan. It will all make sense to you soon!

When you and Rick dance, who leads?
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    and it will be coming together in the next one. Patience young fan. It will all make sense to you soon!

And if it doesn't do you plan on altering your original creations in new SuperNifty versions so that it will make sense?

More questions again, from my tireless fans. I feel so blessed.

So, when Rick and I dance, who leads?

Who's ever dressed up as the Chief Jawa of course! Actually, we don't dance. I must admit that I don't know how to. I was into science-fiction as a kid. I never went to a high school dance! The addition of JarJar Binks into my storyline is my subliminal way of expressing my frustration with this "not quite fitting in," so my psycotherapist says. JarJar even kind of moves like me, were I to attempt to dance. So when Rick and I finish a particularly triumphant stage in creating another awesome special effects scene, we both kind of jump up and around, waving our hands in the air, high-fiving, and laughing all the way around the office. The images with the correct gestures would remind you a lot of Jabba the Hutt, when he's convulsing as Leia's choking him.

If the prequel movies don't make sense with the classic trilogy story line after they are all completed and released, do I intend to make changes to the Classic movies?

Of course! How else could I sell you additional copies? Do you think any new generation fan is going to be as habitually-conditioned and trained to continuously buy new Star Wars editions as you guys, my beloved old fans have been? You've been suckers for my stuff since the 1970's! But OK, just for you Stillakid, I'll describe the nature of how I'm going to change the classic trilogy to jive with the prequels.

1) since Alec Guiness unfortunately passed away, I'm going to digitally render him in new scenes with a totally digital Luke. They're going to use a new special-effects device that's sort of like a mini-microscope that Ben has on his utility belt, to measure Luke's midichlorians - and for the first time in Star Wars, you're going to actually see what they look like. I've always imagined them to look just like....are you ready? I've always imagined them to look like ordinary blood cells. But instead of bleeding Rick for a sample, I have a team ready at ILM to digitally render the blood, so that way we maintain a PG rating. Meanwhile, Hasbro will be clamoring to reproduce a toy of the midichlorian finder, and we'll encourage more kids to utilize their community's clean needle exchange program to get resupplied for new adventures to those far away places that only their minds can take them.

2) As to Qui-Gon Jinn, I've noticed how some fans are upset that Luke was never told about him. In the interest of being more PC, and a better influence on children, I'm going to adapt the scene in Ben's hut even further, with an extensive geaneology tree of the Jedi Temple being explained to Luke. In this scene he'll learn that Qui-Gon actually discovered his father, and Obi-Wan thought he was a ratfink kid bastard, who he wanted to kick off of their ship, but then he'll describe how he inherited Anakin from Qui-Gon when his former master was killed. Luke will logically then further respect the close relationship Ben obviously shared with his father, and think Ben is just a swell dude. Kind of like how it made sense that Padme loved Anakin more after he told her that he killed women and children? Note, Obi-Wan will still have to lie to Luke, telling him Vader murdered his father, or I'd have too much editing to do in the Empire Strikes Back.

By Return of the Jedi, with all of this already laid down, we won't need to recover that ground, as Luke will know Ben is talking to times after Qui-Gon discovered Anakin, because Obi-Wan never claimed to discover Anakin in the first place.

As to Yoda being Ben's personal Jedi Master, and how some people were obviously misled to believe that all these years, I'm going to add subtitles to TPM and AOTC newest editions. Whenever Yoda is talking to Obi-Wan, in the library scene, or the lightsaber training scene, there will be title bars added into the picture that say "Yoda is instructing Obi-Wan." This will help most of my movies' fans that can read, but Ben Burt will add this information in the form of a good narrator's voice, for our blind, listening audience.

So on Hoth, when Luke sees Obi-Wan who tells him "There you will find Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me," this will make sense to those of you who still don't get it.