Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Movies that deserved better on DVD!

Weird Science and Sixteen Candles finally came out with the original music intact. The substitute tracks were awful enough to make me buy the new versions (first time I bought a new edition of something I had already). Scarface is finally in 5.1! (Missed it the first time- no biggie).

What other movies deserve better DVD treatment? I have two in mind:

Flash Gordon- the sound is absolutely wretched- no 5.1.

Clash of the Titans- 2.0 sound only. What a bummer!

I loved both these flicks as a child and I would love to see them get the proper treatment. Are there any movies you feel have been slighted?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Three words...Better Off Dead

The absolute worst DVD ever made of one of the greatest movies ever made. Absolutely no features at all other than being able to skip to different chapters. Plus it cost $$$ and was harder to find than a rocket launching 1979 Boba Fett figure.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The Batman series - no extras, questionable widescreen IMO, not even trailers! When are we gonna get the "Special Edition" versions these movies rightly deserve?!

Dick Tracy - imagine the commentary possibilities with that cast, never mind the documentaries and old cartoon/tv series footage that could have been incorporated.

Titanic - like it or hate it, you gotta admit this is one movie deserving of a two-disc set. Where is that hour of extra footage supposedly shot?

Gremlins 2 - we got it for the first one, why not this one?

And when are we gonna get the original King Kong on DVD?!

Gotta agree about Batman (1989), except for the handy "widescreen side/pan-n-scan side" feature that quiets my less-cultured guests, that disc is empty-city!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They're holding back on the Batman SE's, until the next Batman film comes out. So hopefully when Batman: Intimidation Game hits the theater, you'll see your crispy SE's. That's the current plans anyway.

Dick Tracy was supposed to get a SE. Infact it was going to be a VISTA SERIES release. Warren Beatty even wanted to work with the studio on it. Unfortunatly something fell through, and the SE is on hold.

Titanic is supposedly getting atleast a 2-disc SE next year. With a Audio commentary by James Cameron and more. Now that he's pulled his head out of his butt, and is willing to do commentaries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Nice choice Stillakid. There's some rumblings that that might be a future Vista Series Release. Since it's got it's fans, and the WFRR set sold really well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Good thing someone said something about The Rocketeer, one of my favorite contemporary Disney films and I've been teetering on the edge of buying the DVD, so now I know better.

I'd say "Star Wars" goes on this list... but, well, you know.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, you know what they say JT. Support the current release, and they'll be sure to bend you over on an SE sooner or later. Army of Darkness, Halloween, and several other movies prove that.

I'd like to see 'The Black Hole' get a 2-DISC SE. Especially since they just released a year or so ago, a really nice 2-DISC set of TRON. If Tron can get a 2-DISC SE, Black Hole sure deserves some love.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Nice choice Stillakid. There's some rumblings that that might be a future Vista Series Release. Since it's got it's fans, and the WFRR set sold really well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks! But I've had a long day and my head hurts, so if you wouldn't mind explaining "WFRR". Thank you.

I was mightly annoyed myself after buying The Professional and then saw Leon being released just a few months later.