Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

favorite packaged cookies

Have you been down the cookie aisle lately? There are a lot of packaged cookies these days and they all seem to be branching out more and more lately. From iced oatmeal to microwave chocolate chip, the choices seem almost endless. So what's your favorite packaged cookie and what makes it superior?

(Usually, when I do these threads, I wait for a few answers before leaving my own, but time for a change...)

Personally, I find myself drawn to Mother's brand Frosted Circus Animal cookies. They have tasty frosting in 2 colors (white and pink), candy dots on top, they're in the shape of animals, and they have a great snap and crunch to 'em.

Another choice might be the classic Famous Amos chocolate chip mini-cookies. Not all the wonky variations that they've come out with lately, but the original. There's something special about the way they taste that really makes different, and even though they're small cookies, they have ample chocolate chips.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Pinwheels! :happy:
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

I'd have to say Oreo's. Why? Because they dunk well in milk! The chocolate cookies draws in the milk, unlike some packaged cookies. They also taste pretty good. One night when I was in my first apartment, I went to the store, bought a bag of oreos and a gallon of milk, and I ate the whole bag in one sitting.

Chocolate chip cookies are by far my favorite, but I have to have them baked, not those weak Chip's Ahoy, which are an embarresment to all chocolate chip cookies. I also buy the CC cookies at Subway, or Mrs Fields, because of the price, I can only get a few at a time. This keeps me from eating a whole bag, it's my control mechanism!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks

Personally, I find myself drawn to Mother's brand Frosted Circus Animal cookies. They have tasty frosting in 2 colors (white and pink), candy dots on top, they're in the shape of animals, and they have a great snap and crunch to 'em.
    Not me man, I can't stand the waxy coating it leaves in my mouth.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

A gallon of milk and a bag of Oreos? That's not a pretty picture!

Turbo, you ever had fudge-covered Oreos? Those are some waxy-feelin' cookies! Mothers recently came out with fudge-covered Circus Animals, but it was nowhere near that level of waxy fudge.

When I was a kid, I was always mystified by my friends who ate the "Chocolatey Chip" cookies from McDonalds like they were the last morsels of food on earth. They just never did it for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I'd have to say Oreo's. Why? Because they dunk well in milk! The chocolate cookies draws in the milk, unlike some packaged cookies. They also taste pretty good. One night when I was in my first apartment, I went to the store, bought a bag of oreos and a gallon of milk, and I ate the whole bag in one sitting.

Chocolate chip cookies are by far my favorite, but I have to have them baked, not those weak Chip's Ahoy, which are an embarresment to all chocolate chip cookies. I also buy the CC cookies at Subway, or Mrs Fields, because of the price, I can only get a few at a time. This keeps me from eating a whole bag, it's my control mechanism!
    If you like cookies that soak up milk then Chip's Ahoy are the one's for you. I guess those would be my favorite store bought. What I really like is those white chocolate macadamia nut ones from Mrs. Fields. But my all time fav, is Butter sugar cookies. JT, I haven't tried that kind of Oreo's, they sound good!:happy:
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I like the white Girl Guide Cookies. After that, Chips Ahoy, regular Oreo (you don't get as many in the double-stuffed bag), and Fudgeeos. They may not have them down south.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I like Soft Batch cookies. I believe Keebler makes them.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Biscuits, or cookies to you heathens I like are ginger nuts made by McVities. They dunk well in a nice cup of tea, the kind made hot with milk not that lemon tea muck.
    I also like Hobnobs. A sort of oaty crumbly biscuit that melts in the mouth. Not good for dunking though as they tend to come apart and leave a horrid sludge at the bottom of the cup.
    I like wafer biscuits that are alternate layers of wafer and fondant cream filling. Pink ones always taste better.
    And Jammy dodgers, two layers of biscuit with a squidge of rock hard jammy stuff in the middle.
    Oh and Jaffa cakes, a layer of biscuity cakey stuff, covered in dark chocolate and with a smashing orangey bit in the middle.
    And shortbread. Can't beat a nice piece of Scottish shortbread.
    Custard creams. Two layers of biscuit with a squidge of custardy creamy stuff between.
    Bourbon creams (not that bourbon) 2 chocolate biscuit layers with chocolate cream between.
    I've tried some of your american 'cookies' but found they used too much vanilla. Bleurgh! nasty things. Far too sweet too. Tasted almost chemical.
    Given a choice though I'll make my own, larger, tastier and fresher. All natural ingredients and no preservatives or additives.

Mmm....Jaffa cakes.......

other than those....chewy chips ahoy, without a doubt.