Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Love Actually (Padme Vs Sabe)

I just saw Love Actually with my wife this weekend and it was a rather enjoyable romantic comedy. However, after seeing this movie, Bend it Like Beckham & Pirates of the Carribean I think the question begs to be asked....Natalie Portman or Keira Knightly? Natalie is beautiful in my opinion but Keira is absolutely stunning, has a great laugh and is a pretty darn good actress. The British accent gives her extra points as well. It appears that Keira is on the road to a more successful life after Star Wars career than Natalie. Hmmm.........thoughts?

Give me a vote for Sabe!!!
    -GO WINGS!!!!!!

"Be excellent to each other, and....PARTY ON DUDES!!!"

Definitely Keira, I think they got the contracts mixed up there. They look alike but are very different, Natalie takes more artsy stuff while Keira seems to prefer to be up and around.

Keira probably would've gotten more fame from TPM if she hadn't been so hidden behind make-up and in so few scenes so much. There should've been more of her, or she should've been Padme instead. Keira's sort of roles seem to fit more into how Leia was in the trilogy, not the Soap Opera type Natalie is.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It's hard to dock Natalie points because she really is a very fine actress. My opinion is that she has been handicapped by a fairly poorly written part in the Star Wars saga. Even Sabe's one line (I've failed you...) was silly because she actually did her job. That being the case, both actresses are good when given the opportunity and of course attractive in their own ways.

I'm a fan of both actresses. Natalie Portman is more proven in my opinion.

stillakid, Keira was in TPM, not AOTC.
    The girl you quoted above was Corde, played by Veronica Segura (I know I screwed up the last name, sorry. )

Keira was the Queen in TPM whenever Natalie was onscreen as Padme.

Both are incredibly attractive and talented so picking one over the other is difficult. Keira is the HOT actress of late so I can understand why most would pick her but I'm sticking with Natalie. Like Caesar stated she is more proven as an actress.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I agree that to date Natalie is more proven as an actress and I also agree that she is definately handicapped in the PT with poor writing. However, I think that Keira is going to be more of a mainstream name in larger pics while Natalie will probably go the way of smaller artsy type of film or stage acting. I guess the test of which actress is more successful or popular will depend on longevity and point of view.
    -GO WINGS!!!!!!

"Be excellent to each other, and....PARTY ON DUDES!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I'm a fan of both actresses. Natalie Portman is more proven in my opinion.

stillakid, Keira was in TPM, not AOTC.
    The girl you quoted above was Corde, played by Veronica Segura (I know I screwed up the last name, sorry. )

Keira was the Queen in TPM whenever Natalie was onscreen as Padme.

You know, I thought something was up when I wrote that. It didn't seem right somehow. Sorry for the err. Thanks for pointing it out.

i think kierra is more popular now simply because she's working more than natalie, who turns down a lot of scripts, from what i've read.

anyone else hear that natalie is being considered for the lois lane role in superman?

......and i'd love to see that screen test with natalie and brad pitt in almost famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I agree that to date Natalie is more

Did someone just say "date Natalie" ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Even Sabe's one line (I've failed you...)
    When did she ever even say that?