Thread: cantina set

cantina set

picked it up. Had to. Everything was done excellent. The new land speeder is much better.. The dewback and sand trooper are both awesome. The little cantina diorama with Han and Greedo is also just great. I think its an awesome pick-up for 30 bucks. One small glitch in the set though. I cannot tell who shoots first as they didnt include any blasters!!

other than that - WOW - great set to have. Glad I picked it up.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

I'm still going to wait and see if I can pick it up on sale during this holiday season. Perhaps I can put it on my Christmas list, not that my family exchanges gifts anymore.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

How many pieces does it have? I keep wondering and can't find the answer.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I just checked the Lego website, but can't seem to find an answer there either.

193 seperate lil pieces. of course the standard 4-5 extra do-nothing pieces..

again though, I cant get over how cool the sand trooper looks on the dewback. My son was playing with them today. He set up the other Stormtroopers around the Sand Trooper, set C3PO and R2 in the back of the landspeeder with Ben and Luke, and we went through the "These arent the droids your looking for" scene. Very cool.
    Its nice to have the extra mini-figs. I just wish I could catch up with these sets. Im runnin outta room quick, and Id perferably like to have two sets,. one to keep boxed. Greedo is a great sculpt in this set. Its nice to see how far Lego has pregressed since that ol yellow castle back in 1981 or whenever that was.

Im gonna hit up Targe' when I get outta work tonight - may have to pick up the new snowspeeder as well.

Do you know how hard it is to talk others into buying you Legos for Christmas?

painfull.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Well it would depend on how old you are. I mean at my age, I'm lucky to even get presents anymore, Lego or otherwise.

I'd pick up the cantina if I knew I had more money coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysmo
    Do you know how hard it is to talk others into buying you Legos for Christmas?

painfull.
    Haven't a clue. My friends and family know better then to ask what I want for Xmas, because the quick answer is always "Legos." They ask "Other than Legos, what do you want?" And I always get 3 or more sets (depending on their size) for the my birthday or Xmas.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I have not yet picked up the cantina set - but did drop 19.99 on the snowspeeder.

My wife bought this for me as a Christmas present, but due to the lack of displaying space in my office at home I cannot set this out anywhere. And since I can't do that, there's no reason for me to build it right now. But, in the end, it will be built and displayed with the rest of my LEGO sets (after we buy a house later this year). I'm very happy that I have this set, and Greedo did NOT shoot first!
    [url=http://www.sandtroopers.com][img]http://www.chrisrhoads.com/st.jpg[/img][/url]

I picked this piece up the other day and it is awesome. I thought 30 bucks was a bit steep since it looks like 3 mini sets when it is put together. BUt all in all it is a nice piece. BTW Tony, it came with one gun and I gave it to Han.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten