Star Wars DVD's Online Content

I'm kind of disapointed. I thought they said from time to time they would add more online content for the DVD's. So why haven't they? Is it because of Hyperspace? What ever happened to that 500 hours of documentary material they have floating around.

What I would really like to see happen is to have them put up all the deleted scenes in their original raw form so they do not lose money. Like the Geonosis scene they put up on Hyperspace. I also think that for any version of the film they make a new one, instead of us going out and buying it they should allow those with the DVD's to access it. There is already rumblings from TFN that a new EI DVD is in the works. Why? Can't we get the material that we are supposed to have anyways? Why make us pay more when they said we will get content?
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Does anyone out there actually care that we are getting messed with when it comes to online content for Star Wars DVD's?
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

They never said they would add 'tons' of content for the DVD's online. They did a couple things for the E1 and the E2 DVD. But most on-line content for DVD's is limited, due to the nature of DVD's. Not many people actually watch them on their computers. Hell, I have a DVD drive and I bearly use it.

The 500 hours of Documentary footage that was filmed for 'The Beginning' will likely never be seen. Most of it is probably pretty boring in fact. They reduced it down to the final documentary, and it works perfectly that way. Who wants to see day after day, of the same people wandering back and forth.

Most of the deleted scenes that weren't on the DVD's, will also never be seen. Lucas once even said that none of the deleted scenes would be seen. Which is why they never put any of the deleted scenes on the OT DVD's. Hell, be thankful he's not Steven Speilburg. That man hates deleted scenes, that's why most of his movies don't have them. The Indy ones are in the vaults, never to be seen.

Also, they'll never allow you to access a new version of the movie on the net. Instead of having to buy it. Most people don't have anything better then dial-up. And it would be impossible to put the entire new version up on the net for download. Not to mention, the material doesn't even exist yet, if Lucas does a SE of E1, then it would cost money to produce.

So no, it's not that I don't care. I don't feel that were getting messed with. If there is a new version, and there is an improvement. I'm willing to slap down my 15 bucks or so, to own it. Hell, we got more content on the E1 DVD and the E2 DVD, then I ever figured we would. I own the OT Laserdiscs, and while they had extras, they certainly weren't packed.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Heck, I don't even have a DVD drive on my computer so all that is wasted on me. Now if they were going to throw in a coupon that would give me a discount on a DVD drive then I might pick one up but that didn't happen. These extra features are as accessible to me as if they had given me the Public Radio SW shows on 8-Track. Whoop-de-doo
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I personally love deleted scenes and wish that GL and SS would stop being so difficult when it comes to them. I think that is what makes DVD so awesome, easter eggs and special features such as deleted scenes. I still have hopes that some of the deleted scenes from the original trilogy will be included when the time comes for them to be released on DVD.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I was a little disappointed in the DVD on-line content and the lack of deleted scenes, when there are apparently a ton of deleted scenes. Of course with Spielberg I can see why he doesn't put out alot of his deleted scenes. Did anyone see the Goonies deleted scene with the octopus. They make mention of it in the original movie, and I always wanted to see the seen with the octopus. After seeing it, I couldn't believe they even wasted the celluloid filming that scene, it was awful.