Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pictures of The Republic Gunship,Zams Speeder and The Counts Solar Sailer...

I'm not sure if you saw these but here are the pictures of The Republic Gunship,Zams Speeder and The Counts Solar Sailer, I found these somewhere?

Thoughts?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Zams speeder, a very nice slick design to it,my favourite so far
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The republic Gunship,Not my favourite vehicle but the top view mkes it look like the x-wing fighters
    GNT
    ''

The Republic Gun ships look so cool and Zam Speeder looks like it can flat-out move but I love the Count's Solar Sail Ship the best so far... But I'd love to see more of the Republic Cruisers that the CloneTrooper's are filling up and Obi-Wan's Jedi Fighter...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Question

Is it just me, or does Dooku's ship look a bit "slow"? I mean the "sailor" portion of it makes me think of the difference between sailing across the ocean, and taking a Navy ship. What is the theory behind a vessel like that?
    ubi mel ibi apes

Using a large energy catching 'sail' the ship is powered by the energy of suns. there are what is called solar winds in space which could in theory be utilised to push large vessels vast distances. This saves on having to use large engines to shift the vessel which in actual fact is unneccesary as in space the gravity is such that a finger push can send a vessel moving. But, if you want the solar winds explaining there's a crap episode of star trek DS9 where Sisko builds a solar sail vessel and travels a great distance from planet to planet. Unbelievably the sails billow on Sisko's vesel.....!!!! which of course couldn't happen as the winds in space are hypothetical and merely radiation waves of a sort I personally don't understand not being a science nut or that interested in space phenomenon to retain the relevent info.

Does that help?

GNT: Thank you for posting these! Very Cool!

JEDI CLINT: I think another advantage of Dooku's ship being a solar sail is that it doesn't make emissions. In other words, no one can follow him. Perfect stealth for a Sith, especially when the Jedi are looking for him!

BTW, I like these vehicles, the gunship being my least favorite. I do like the Senator's new Royal Starship seen in the trailer a lot, though!

isn't it a little of a paradox for an arch villain to be using a non emission vessel? Kinda like if Maul had used a blunt saber or something It seems a little odd. I take what Tycho is getting at though and for the sake of invisibility to tracking devices it sounds plausible. But a ship with a bloody great parachute on the back of it isn't going to be hard to spot through a viewport though is it? "THERE SHE BLOWS!"

Well actually NASA had sent out a solar sailor probe some months ago, and I think it worked. Not sure though.

Welp, now onto the ships.

Dooku's ship looks ugly, I wish they had connected the sail to the ship itself so that it wouldn't require that unneccasary stuff.

Zam's ship, eh, i had a good feeling that'd be her ship.

The Republic ship, looks more like a very bulky E-wing...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Smile

Thanks for the explanations. I think he may only use this ship one time during the entire film, at the end when he travels to Coruscant to meet with Sidious. I guess I will have to search the net for the science behind this technology.
    ubi mel ibi apes