Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Things NOT to do at the Return Of The King Premiere - SPOILER ALERT

My personal favourties are 2 and 6.

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"
    2. Block the entrance to the theatre while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."
    3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone
    says: "The Ring."
    4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.
    5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.
    6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."
    7. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
    8. Dress up as old ladies and re-enact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.
    9. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
    10. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.
    11. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.
    12. Start an Orc sing-a-long.
    13. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.
    14. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.
    15. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theatre during the Shelob scene.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Quote Originally Posted by jeddah
    At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
    That's actually a spoiler. Be careful in the future.

And I'd promptly kick the *** of anyone that did, like, any of those things you listed.

9. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
    That's my favorite.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Theatre? ROTK? Seats? Ohnononononono. That would entail being near other people in a crowded space. No, wait until the DVD comes out and watch the whole movie properly on home cinema screen. That's the way to see the movie. Not mingle with plebs and commoners in a dank dingey fleapit theatre riddled with lice and disease.

I suppose then if I were to go I'd go in a plastic bubble with breathing aparatus to purify my air and have it set to make Darth Vader-esque noise. Then re-enact a scene from 'Killer bees' and make like there's a bee in my bubble and run around swatting at it and screaming hysterically every time Liv Tyler is on screen and talking quietly.

And every time Gandalf mumbles something I'd stand up and shout "I'm going for popcorn, anyone want anything while I'm there....?"
    Or you could go dressed as a tree and sit in front of a crowd of friends and block their view by wavingmanically whenever the Hobbits are on screen. And shout in Jerry Springer show way "Go Frodo go Frodo go Frodo..."

My personal favourties are 2 and 6.

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"
    2. Block the entrance to the theatre while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."
    3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone
    says: "The Ring."
    4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.
    5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.
    7. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.
    8. Dress up as old ladies and re-enact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.
    10. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.
    11. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.
    13. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.
    14. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.
    15. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theatre during the Shelob scene.

jeddah
    Hmm, is there a similar "Rocky Horror" type list for The Phantom Menace yet? I mean, usually it doesn't take long for bad movies to hit the midnight "cult" circuit and it's surprising that it didn't happen yet. Guess Showgirls will have to fill the time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin2121
    I didn't know that, I've just waited to see the films, not read the books so now I've amended the title of this thread.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

jeddah
    What's great is that every time i watch FOTR or TTT at home, i have to add in "Mr. Anderson" nearly every time Elrond says something. That or we say, "Mr. Baggins". hehehehhehehee We also tried to start an orc sing along while sitting in line for TTT, but nobody caught on.

As for #14, that would be beyond hilarious to see that happen. Great list!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Great thread. Awesome list of things.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That's the funny stuff! Very, very funny.
    "That's what I'm Tolkien about!"
    Hahahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin2121
    Errr ... 50 years ago that might have been a spoiler.
    plasticfetish.net

The Mr Anderson thing reminds me of the Official Rules for Watching a Movie With Keanu Reeves (TM):

After every line he says, you have to add, "Dude."

Okay, the other was funnier.

How about, near the end of the movie, shouting, "Where's that damn scene with Gandalf playing chess with Captain Picard that was in the commercial? I've been waiting three stinkin' hours for that!!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.