Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Decorating forChristmas

If this falls into the religious thread category I am sorry.

I love decorating for Christmas. I have put up all my decorations with the wife over the last few days. My favorite is my little Christmas village. Got the little town, with the little people and all. It is awesome. Got it all at Dollar Tree, each peice was only one dollars. Cant beat that.

Also My Christmas tree is awesome. I dunno why, but it just gives me a sense of happiness when I walk into my living room and see it all lit up and decorated. I gotta hang my outside lights today or tomorrow. Its loads of fun to decorate for Christmas.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My wife puts out a Christmas village. I hope to sneak in a few random additions to it this year.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Years past I've decorated a real tree but due to my holiday schedule last year and this year I've passed. My main source of holiday spirit is a traffic barrel complete with a flashing orange light on top that is wrapped in christmas lights. Beautiful.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I'm gonna decorate a tumbleweed! :happy:
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

It can be interesting, I help decorate every year. Mostly what I do is outline the yard with lights on stakes. We just started doing that a few years ago.

Last year we got a tree that had the lights pre-wrapped on it, and this is the first year we've had to use it after storing it. Well since we basically can just shove it in a box for a year, finding all the light plugs in the tree became more trouble than just putting them on ourselves.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

we have about 120-130 of those little pieces called Dickens Village, which some of you might be talkinga bout? Anyway, it's become my duty to put those up over the last few years to put those up. It can be a chore, but when those bad boys are lit up in the dark, it fills me with the joy of the season!! cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Standards:
    - outdoor Christmas lights
    - artificial tree
    - Nativity scene
    - screen door wreaths
    - bows outside windows
    - etc.

Star Wars-wise:
    - small artifical tree with only SW ornaments (have about 25-30 now)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I made a stencil of the Imperial logo or "snowflake" then took a can of snow flock and sprayed it on my front room window. Imperial snowflakes, what could be better? (picture to come) I have the tree up, but since this will be only the second Christmas I have spent with my son in the last 8 years, I left the ornaments for the 2 of us to put up on the tree.

Oh, and I finallt made an inventory of my SW Hallmark ornaments, to find that I'm missing two from the 1998 series. I'm sure I have them somewhere, just a matter of digging through some boxes to find them.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    My wife puts out a Christmas village. I hope to sneak in a few random additions to it this year.

You gonna sneak some Kit figures in there? Kit CLaus? Kit the grinning reindeer?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Not exactly, but last year it took her a few weeks to see a tiny Han PVC figure hiding behind the edge of a building, gun drawn, waiting to ambush a couple of carolers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.