View Poll Results: Do you plan on buying the Playskool Star Wars Adventures Toys?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I plan to collect these.

77 33.33%
  • I will just buy the first 4 sets, then wait and see.

22 9.52%
  • I'm only interested in the Prequel sets.

0 0%
  • I'm only interested in the Classic sets.

22 9.52%
  • I'm interested in these as gifts for a child.

28 12.12%
  • No, I'm NOT interested in these at all.

68 29.44%
  • Other

14 6.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My kids have several fisher-price playsets that have figures in similar scale and style to these, so I'm sure I'll be buying them for my kids. Anyone know when they will be released?
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

C'mon thomas 'fess up, you're gonna buy them for yourself aren't you? the kids are just a cover

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    My kids have several fisher-price playsets that have figures in similar scale and style to these, so I'm sure I'll be buying them for my kids. Anyone know when they will be released?
    There is no release date set yet other than early 2002.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    C'mon thomas 'fess up, you're gonna buy them for yourself aren't you? the kids are just a cover
    And like you have never told the hot cashier that the Star Wars figures you are buying are for your little brother or are a gift.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Nope. I always 'fess up and let them know I'm buying for myself just to see the way their noses wrinkle up in disgust that an adult still plays with toys. It doesn't stop them from snatching the money from me though..... Actually at one of the TRU's I used to go to, there was a lady in her late middle age who worked the cash desk and she was brilliant. She would comment on how good a particular figure was and ask if I'd seen other stuff they had just got in or not. Shame TRU doesn't stock star wars anymore over here. I kinda miss that lady.

Originally posted by SirSteve

And like you have never told the hot cashier that the Star Wars figures you are buying are for your little brother or are a gift.
    I've done this. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the more expensive things.

I think they are pretty cool. And they seem to be priced relatively good, considering you get a couple of guys and a vehicle. If there is no POTJ/Blue card stuff that comes out when these are released, I'll probably pick up most of them. But if there is new 3 3/4'' stuff out at the same time, I'll get that first.

I'll bring them to work and leave them on my desk, so I'll have something Star Wars to play with when I'm bored.:happy:
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Honestly guys these new kiddy toys are crap!!! Bring on the classic Trilogy figures. Sounds like some collectors would just buy them because they were on the self, even if you didn't like them. We need clear topped R3 units and a 12" Jabba, not this short lived child line. Come on Hasbro, you were doing just fine.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

When I first saw Jurrasic Park Junior last year, I was appalled by how cruddy they looked. These huge bear-hug poses and they're all squat and have very little articulation, that was all lame, but then they also looked like they were made from inferior materials to boot, so I scoffed. I scoff at this line too, this should have been out BEFORE episode I, not II.

Tycho, you could have just put
    • I want to buy them all
    • I want to buy some
    • I am not interested
    • I'll wait to see them in person
    but NOOOOO, everything's a frelling novel with you!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My poll as it stands also measures who plans on getting them for children, TRICKS.

It also sees who's interested in Classic versus Prequels - a topic you find interesting all the time.

Before Steve (or you) edited the poll down, it also showed which set out of the four was people's favorite. (The TaunTaun set had more votes that the others - that fans would only buy that set, and not the rest of them. Now we have no voting option that might prompt people to discuss WHY).