View Poll Results: Do you plan on buying the Playskool Star Wars Adventures Toys?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I plan to collect these.

77 33.33%
  • I will just buy the first 4 sets, then wait and see.

22 9.52%
  • I'm only interested in the Prequel sets.

0 0%
  • I'm only interested in the Classic sets.

22 9.52%
  • I'm interested in these as gifts for a child.

28 12.12%
  • No, I'm NOT interested in these at all.

68 29.44%
  • Other

14 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Do you plan on buying the Playskool Star Wars Adventures Toys?

Do you plan to buy the Playskool Star Wars Adventures toys?

Let's talk about growing young again!

You can see these products again, at the link below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adventures.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 12-03-2001 at 11:43 AM.

I think that they're really cute. I also discovered early on that as much as my kids want to play with my big Star Wars toys, their little hands aren't really capable of handling the size and weight. The Micromachines, on the other hand, were a great alternative and also because of their size, "bigger" battles could take place in a smaller space.

These new little things are even better, as they include funny cartoonish characters at a perfect size for little kids. Why this wasn't done before is beyond me. I'll buy all of them!

Lightbulb My prediction

I think these will only be bought by the hardcore adult collectors (or even scalpers for that matter!) for their own collections or for their kids. I seriously doubt that the casual buyer will get these unless they are ultra cheap (on clearance) and need to buy something quick for a child's birthday party. It doesn't seem that the market for SW stuff is children anymore since you only ever see adults looking at the stuff in the stores.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs down sheeesh, i can't believe a whole new line of small star wars toys

come on hasbro, get on the stick already! we don't need a new line which is doomed to fail, just bring back micro machines
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

I passed on the Palm Talkers, I'll pass on these. I spend too much money on the 3 3/4" line to try and collect a completely separate and incompatible line. Which is why I also stopped buying the 12" scale toys.

Maybe, if they put out an item that I like enough (TIE Fighter with cutesy pilot) then I wil buy that one item, but collect the line? No way.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'd get them for a kid but not for myself.
    They look like they're trying to go to the bathroom or something.

Oh these are really dinky. Who cares if they're supposed to be for kids, so are the action figures. I'm buying them if i can find them that is. They remind me of the Bucky O'hare figures that came out in about '92. I have all of those and these will sit alongside quite nicely. I didn't like the palmtalkers cuz they're too deformed but these have some real character to them. I actually really like the Wicket one. And the Naboo fighter is great. guess this is one of those don't like it don't buy it deals eh?

Please Vote - Do you plan to pay for these:
    • with cash
    • with a check
    • with a debit card
    • with a credit card
    • partially with cash and partially with a debit card (maybe because your bank account is nearly empty)
    • partially with cash and partially with a credit card (maybe because you've nearly reached your credit limit)
    • with bills
    • with coins
    • with foodstamps
    • with Canadian money
    • with Canadian bills
    • with Canadian pennies
    • with chickens
    • with shiny beads
    • with a combination of chickens and shiny beads (maybe because you don't have enough shiny beads but don't want to give away all your chickens)
    • by asking your mom to buy them for you
    • by asking your girlfriend to buy them for you
    • by asking your boyfriend to buy them for you
    • by asking complete strangers to buy them for you
    • by throwing a tantrum until your mom buys them for you
    • by stealing them
    • by asking for them as Christmas or Hanukah presents
    • by asking for them as birthday or Easter presents
    • by asking for them for Christmas AND birthday presents (as your birthday would be ON Christmas)
    • by asking for them for birthday AND Easter presents (as your birthday would be ON Easter)
    • by asking for them for Christmas AND Easter presents (as time would have become nonlinear and these 2 events somehow fall on the same date)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

LOL, Tricks.

Here's the inside story on SirStevesGuide, guys:

I was asked to come up with poll topics. I have a lot of ideas, and there's a whole thread in this Forum for you to add your suggestions, but Steve took a particular interest in the Playskool Adventures Toys (probably because he plans to buy all of them so Tricks can stop crying for the Force's Sake) - and then there's already another website polling on this issue. So I offer a different take, to find out:

who they'll be bought for

what products are appealing - for instance to adults who like this spin on the Classic Trilogy (which we are seeing in the responses now)

and whether adult collectors (the majority of interenet respondents) are expecting this to turn into another whole collector series with 300 characters or something - and if the folks who think they're going to collect it, will stick it out for that long of series.

Additionally, it answers, which is the single favorite one - or why else are people not buying most of this stuff only planning on getting the TaunTaun / Wampa set?

But no: Jedi Tricks and Steve (privately) had to tease me about having so many poll choices. It is funny, but I'm not (yet) crazy.

Anyway, always somebody complaining...remember how many edits the last poll took? It invalidates the results if you change anything. But I have poll choices with 3 responses possible only. But on this particular topic you can go to another website and see a poll done that way.

So sue me for being creative.

Guys: is this more interesting?

Re: sheeesh, i can't believe a whole new line of small star wars toys

Originally posted by good shot jansen
    come on hasbro, get on the stick already! we don't need a new line which is doomed to fail, just bring back micro machines
    And they are doomed to fail also

No, I'm NOT interested in these at all.
    Im interested in them because they are new, but I wont be buying them as my money will be going to actual figures than these 5year old toys!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious