Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who fears a starwars remake?

O.k I know this is a scary topic and I might get Banned for this, but with all these remakes comming out and the rumored Scarface remake,is anyone worried about a starwars remake like 30 years down the road,and I'm not talking about a Special edtion here I'm talking about all new cast all new all new diologe, and maybe a different ending for ROTJ to set up for a 7,8,9. People belive me when I say this isn't to far fetched,I mean how many Chainsaw masscure fans saw that remake comming?
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I fear a Star Wars remake. It would be the worst thing in the history of cinema! However it would not happen, George would rather edit what's already out there rather than remake it from scratch!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I doubt we will ever have a remake but who knows. I really don't fear one because who knows what could be done thrity years down the road.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

With modern effects, I wouls LOVE to see a new set of films.

Maybe for as long as Lucas is alive you won't see a remake, but what happens after he passes? The rights are going to be owned by someone, and in 30 years who knows what the rightsholder will do. One thing's for sure, it'll be the biggest remake done yet.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I have never thought about it, and i dont think it will happen.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    Maybe for as long as Lucas is alive you won't see a remake, but what happens after he passes? The rights are going to be owned by someone, and in 30 years who knows what the rightsholder will do. One thing's for sure, it'll be the biggest remake done yet.
    Lucas has said that after he's snuffed it all the rights to Star Wars will go to his children. I hope he brings them up well not to mess with things that don't need messing with !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I hope and pray they dont muck with a SW remake. That would be the worst thing in history. I think with G. Lu, we dont have toworry about that. Just an added scene here and there. As if that is horrible in itself.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Good point, Pendo. But anything can happen once those rights pass on. I hope, too, his children have enough smarts to leave it be and don't do anything stupid with the rights.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Give it 50 years and it could happen.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.