Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riekan should of been a regular figure

Ok, dont get me wrong, I am glad they finally made him. But I was looking at the package and was thinking, it shouldof been a regular figure. The screen would easily fit into a 5 dollar bubble. Did anyone else notice this?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I could tell from the pics but have yet to find him. I felt the same way about Amanaman
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

In comparison to the Wampa and the C-3PO set, I agree that he doesn't seem to be quite as worth the price as the other two. But he's still a great figure, and I'm willing to snag him for the price. They should have included another screen, display, or a chair or something, to make it more worth the price. But he's still a sweet figure, and this is a great set.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I posted the same thing in the reviews. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=22312
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

It may not be worth the price, but since he's a new figure (read: most requested and never been done before), I don't think fans would think twice about buying him. I know I won't. Now, kids may not like this one, so there's a chance Hasbro won't make as many. And it's that chance I will take to get me one. Oh well, Amanaman wasn't worth it either, but Ephant Mon sure evened that out.
    Gimme a break!!!

I agree with you. But when I find this figure I am going to buy it in a heart beat. The "real trick" is this...anytime you look at a hasbro face you will see this: That is the only reason why Rieekan is a deluxe figure.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

As soon as I saw this set, I thought twice about getting it even though I wanted to see it released. I'd hate to hear this set bombed (that's not the part I'd hate to hear ) and then Hasbro say "well, they clearly don't want these old guys who don't do anything figures" and not put out stuff like Dodonna and Madine. So now unfortunately, there's a big question mark next to this figure's name on my 2003 figure list.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The detail on Rieekan's face is nothing short of amazing... but the overall contents of this package are nothing more than that of the basic Luke with ice cave pack-in. The figure could've been a basic one and probably should've been a basic one but I'll settle for any Rieekan we are getting at this point!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I bought Rieekan last night at TRU, and the thought crossed my mind immediately upon seeing him beside the Wampas and Threepios that he should have been a basic figure. Heck, they managed to get a laser cannon packed in with the Saga Snowtrooper. Rieekan doesn't even have a sidearm.

That being said, I still bought him. He's a great figure! And the card was HUGE...someone mentioned that somewhere else. Seems as though the card is made of very sturdy stuff, like heavy cardboard.

Cool Another point brought up.....

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    The detail on Rieekan's face is nothing short of amazing... but the overall contents of this package are nothing more than that of the basic Luke with ice cave pack-in. The figure could've been a basic one and probably should've been a basic one but I'll settle for any Rieekan we are getting at this point!!!
    See, that's another thing, with this Luke/Wampa set. I mean, what the hell is the difference w/ this one and the other Luke that came w/ the earlier Wampa?? Does the freaking cave pieces make it a Deluxe?? I can see many people wanting this set, but now, they have to buy 2 sets instead of one. Since the first Wampa was extremely HTF, many will appreciate this one. But since I got that earlier set, and as much as I like the new Wampa, I may have to back out of these two combos. Of course, Hasbro always knows what they're doing when it comes to money matters. Why re-issue the old Wampa w/ Luke, when they can separate the two and add ice do-do's to make them join together to recreate a scene in ESB??? Oh well, I'm still grateful that Hasbro's cranking out some of the most requested figures. It's just kinda hard not to see past their shrewd tactics. But for now, I'll try to ignore them.
    Last edited by fishyfett; 12-08-2003 at 10:33 AM.
    Gimme a break!!!