Stark Hyperspace War

Hey, nice comic!

Plo Koon's Master revealed to be a Wookiee!

Tarkin's Dad!

Nice flashbacks with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, Tholme and Quinlan!

What do you guys think?

Talking YAAY

Best of all it features: PLO KOON! It is an awesome comic. I hope to see him in action!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Thumbs up

Great Comic!

I'm looking forward to the rest of this series.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I'm usually pretty gung-** on the ongoing comic series, but...

...this time there's on major thing in this episode that's bugging the heck out of me...

Re: Episode One...

On the bridge of the Trade Federation ship as the two jedi attempt to storm into the room....

Rune Haako: Have you ever encountered a jedi before?

Nute Gunray: (gasping & stammering) Well, no...seal off the bridge...I want droidekas up here at once!

Now back to "The Stark Hyperspace War"....

If Gunray has never encountered a jedi before, how can his being in the presence of many jedi (including to two who were trying to storm his bridge in PM) at events BEFORE PM be explained?
    Answer: They can't...it's just a sloppy bit of continuity here...usually the editors/writers of this ongoing series are a little more together on it. Oh well.

Other than that nagging, I'm enjoying seeing a little background on Plo Koon (I LOVE the idea of his master being a wookiee...I hop Lucas has some wookiees present in SOME capacity in the prequels...sorry, a quick glance in the senate does'nt count, but some wookiee jedi fighting in the arena scenes in AOTC would be cool...especially if they kill NStink!!)

As for the Tarkin character...it smacks more of name-dropping than anything else....considering his arrogance, it could have been more fun if his name was ...say....Motti!

The story is interesting enough to keep me wanting to see the next part.....

Question Re: I'm usually pretty gung-** on the ongoing comic series, but...

Originally posted by jedibear
    ...this time there's on major thing in this episode that's bugging the heck out of me...

Re: Episode One...

On the bridge of the Trade Federation ship as the two jedi attempt to storm into the room....

Rune Haako: Have you ever encountered a jedi before?

Nute Gunray: (gasping & stammering) Well, no...seal off the bridge...I want droidekas up here at once!

Now back to "The Stark Hyperspace War"....

If Gunray has never encountered a jedi before, how can his being in the presence of many jedi (including to two who were trying to storm his bridge in PM) at events BEFORE PM be explained?
    Answer: They can't...it's just a sloppy bit of continuity here...usually the editors/writers of this ongoing series are a little more together on it. Oh well.
    Well, I haven't read the Stark HS War story yet, but if Nute was defeated or embarrassed by Jedi in the story, do you think that a status-conscious alien race like the Neimoidians would want to admit such a defeat? Nute's pause and "well, no..." comment suggests to me he has, but failed to defeat them. So, I don't see this as just another continuity error. Maybe. Arr!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Bel,

I was thinking along the same lines when I read jedibear's post last night.

Status is very important to them. They lie to one another just to save face. If you read any of the pre-Ep1 books, this fact will be very evident.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Toche' gentlemen....

....sometimes it takes a third or fourth person to point out the bleeding obvious....

You guys are right about the status-conscious Nemiodians....Gunray was trying to save face in PM.

Good call!

Lightbulb also.....

It is also possible that the Jedi used their mindtricks to make him forget what he saw. I dunno......just a thought, perhaps we shall see.............
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Lightbulb Just doin' our jobs...

Don't feel so bad, jedibear. Someone on this site last year told me Luke was Vader's son! Talk about your spoilers! If I wanted to know that, I'd rent the videos!

:happy: Hee, hee!

Shaft: "Where have they gone?"
    Tey How: "Dey've gone up duh ventilation, Shaft."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega