Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Santa

Bad Santa

This flick was pretty good. I was saddened that it was not as funny consistently as I hoped. It was slow moving a little too long at the beginning but its funny moments were real funny. The weird thing is that John Ritter seemed to make the movie. The only thing that seemed to backfire is when the extreme drunken antics of Billy Bob's charachter happened around children was more disturbing than funny. That kid that they got was real good though, he was perfect.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Bad Santa

I picked up the Bad"der" Santa DVD. Man the movie was a whole lot funnier the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh..........okay I think you see where this is going. I can't get enough of this flick now. The extra scene was really hilarious. He uses the toilet and then throws his turkey drum stick that he was eating into it at this guys mansion he robs.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for that info Scruffziller. I only saw the"badder" version and was wondering what the extra scene was.

I thought it was pretty funny. Not gut-busting funny, but enough to make me laugh a few times at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Thanks for that info Scruffziller. I only saw the"badder" version and was wondering what the extra scene was.

I thought it was pretty funny. Not gut-busting funny, but enough to make me laugh a few times at least.
    From the point you see him start taking the keys off of the key rack at the cafe to the point where he is checking his answering machine where Marcus tells him to pack his "stuff" -Phoenix is the entire deleted sequence added to the Badder version.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I love this movie. I wasn't expecting much when I saw it in the theater, but I laughed my butt off.
    Wooden pickles, talking walnuts, and Theurman Merman!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Watched Badder Santa last night, this movie was SOOOO damn funny! I really like how they pulled no punches, it was a real breath of fresh air... not that I'd know since I was coughing and wheezing from laughing so much. This movie desparately needs more extras, like a director's commentary w/ Billy Bob sitting in too.

Poor Mommy up there with the long-eared donkey and the talking walnut.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Glad to hear it JT. What was your favorite part? For me it was whenever Thurman Merman kept asking him questions and then all of a sudden he just explodes into his cursing.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm not sure I have a favorite part yet, there was so much that got me laughing (most of which I can't repeat on the boards anyway ). The aforementioned talking walnut bit really stays in my mind though, as does the T-shirt that Thurman gets at the end of the movie.

I can't figure out why Alex "Lois Griffin" Borstein got an opening credit for her 5 second bit where she didn't do anything funny. Her part could have been played just as well by any extra.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This movie keeps getting better with age. I saw it in the theater within a week or so of seeing Elf - talk about opposite holiday movies.

Everybody did a fantastic job, William Robert Thronton of course, and Ritter, Bernie Mac, Lauren Graham, TONY FREAKING COX, and yes even Thurman Merman.

I bought the Badder DVD but honestly I would have been just content with the theatrical cut, I loved it that much.

I have many other things I would like to discuss about it but like JT said, there isn't much that can be posted on these here forums.

You gotta love this movie. Just popped it in the DVD player for another Christmas viewing and I laughed as hard as I did the first time I saw it. I love the boxing scene that turned into a nutshot scene. Also, Billy Bob Thornton beating the crap out of Thurman Merman's bully. Plus, this movie taught us all the word "f***stick".
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]