Thumbs up Marvel Select Venom

I was wondering if anyone had information about this figure. I picked it up last week, and first I have to say that I think it is awesome. In my opinion the best Venom figure yet. It really is awesome. I heard somewhere that the version I picked up is the chase version, it has the white spider on his chest. I was wondering if this was true. It is the only one i have seen in stores so i have no basis for this being true. If it is true, how is the variant packed? Does anyone know?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

From what I understand, they're evenly packed in the case. It looks that way to me, from the places I've seen it for sale also. The non-Spider version is the comic correct version, since Ultimate Venom doesn't feature the Spider. Atleast not yet. The Spider version is based on the character from the cover of the comic he makes his appearance in, since for some reason they gave him a Spider there.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Very cool, thanks.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I just got this figure recently (White Spider version - in my opinion, Venom isn't Venom without it), and I think it's one of the best figures that currently occupies my room. I'm not extremely happy with the pre-posed legs, but I'll deal with it...

What I don't understand is this aforementioned thing about the white spider. Why wouldn't that Venom have it? Is that only in the Ultimate comic (if there is such a thing, because I don't know).

I also read the back of the packaging, and it gives a little history of Eddie Brock and Peter Parker. This was something new for me. Something about Brock's and Parker's parents working together and created the black ooze that later becomes the symbiote. Parker finds out that it's dangerous and tries to destroy it, but Brock thinks Peter is just trying to keep it for himself... What is that? Last I knew, Spider Man got the symbiote during the Secret Wars. Then it attached itself to Brock when Parker ditched it. Is the blurb on the back something independent of the original Spider Man comic? Is this a new story line just for the Ultimate comic? Because that's definitely not the way I remember things happening.

But, anyway... awesome figure. Beside the pre-posing of the legs, there is only one other thing I don't like, and it's located in the base. There is a little safe door on the wall, next to Spider Man. It's so close to Parker's arm that any repeated opening will eventually wear away the paint and plastic there. They could have spaced it out a bit, I think. But I just left mine open (with the little bottle of black ooze in there) and placed a clear rubber band around the base, holding the safe door closed. This way, the bottle accessory won't come out and I don't have to damage my base.
    Thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is having that problem.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Ultimate Spider-Man is the revamp universe comics that are currently one of Marvel's hottest properties. The Ultimate Universe is an entirely different universe from the mainstream marvel. It's for new readers really, who would find it difficult jumping into the X-Men, Avengers, or Spider-Man books with their 40 years of continuity. I've been reading Ultimate X-Men for a while, and just picked up Ultimate Spidey's Hardcover.

http://ultimatemarvel.web1000.com/index1.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.