Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best game system

i'm sure this has been debated to death (so let me appologize now). my question is (for those of you with multiple platforms) which is the best system and why do you feel that way? with the drop in prices i'm thinking of getting back into the platform system (haven't gotten anything new since N64). previously drops in prices were harbingers of new system being released, but haven't seen any news about this occuring. being a mac user its years before i play games (only the most popular pc games make that jump). so now that i've finished my editorial i'd appreciate your input.

Super Nintendo. Best game system I've ever played. The new ones have too many damn buttons, knobs, and switches. After that, the Atari 5200 or 7800. That system rocked.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Super Nintendo. Best game system I've ever played. The new ones have too many damn buttons, knobs, and switches. After that, the Atari 5200 or 7800. That system rocked.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Gotta agree with JarJar. So, did you get all 96 levels on Super Mario World then Jar Jar?
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

Don't worry about new systems until about 2005, Jax. We still got at least a year of new gaming ahead with current consoles.

I wish I could say the older consoles were the best experiences, but the Madden series on current platforms changes my mind. Great games, but it's a sports fan thing.

I think PS2 and XBox are the better systems, but I love my GameCube for it's exclusive titles. But you'd have to be into Nintendo published games if you want the same feeling (SSBM, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Rogue Squadron series)
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    True, however though ,alot of the games didn't seem to have the content quality as the original NES. Somewhat analagous to comparing the PT to the OT.
    However, ZELDA III: A Link to the Past was one of the best games I have played ever of any console!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Get the PS2, all I have to say if Final Fantasy. These games are the Star Wars of video games. Try FF7 which is the best game ever.
    Bad Panda, No Bamboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't knwo why I bother to keep reply to these best console threads, but if you're talking new consoles it the Xbox hands down. The others have their benifites too, but I've never heard of anyone who owns all three consoles and says the Xbox is not the best (I'm sure someone will prove me wrong now ). The Gamecube i great for it's exclusive titles, and PS2 is great for it's total number of titles and the PS1 backwards compatibility. But the Xbox with it's online system (if you have broadband), hard drive, superior graphics, and increasingly better and better exclusive titles, makes it the winner. Most all hit games come out for multiple systems, and are most always better on Xbox. The only thing hurting Xbox right now is the lack of online support for EA. But besides that the EA games are still better on Xbox. And if you still can decide remember this- Halo and Halo 2 are Xbox exclusives!

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I still have, and love, my Sega Genesis. I also have the adaptor for it that allows me to still play my Sega Master System games. That system gets my vote.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

is this even a debate?!? Playstation 2, hands down!!! No other system has the ridiculous amount of titles, a DVD player and a CD player all in one package. Plus, the controller set up is the best one of the three. X-Box's controller is beyond ridiculous and is WAY too bulky to be considered doable. The gamecube is alright, but sorry JBFF, no amount of "GC exclusive titles" is going to save it. I did like the Resident Evil titles, but felt that Capcom boinked over the PS. They must've felt badly about it too as i read that the RE isn't staying exclusive to the GC. X-Box really doesn't have any really standout games and pretty much all the systems have online play now, so that doesn't make it special. Get a PS2, you won't regret it!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Heh, its obvious which system is the best out of them all. Its the one that best fits your tastes.

For me it would be anything Nintendo. Of all the games JBF and I own for the GCN, I don't think I have personally bought any that aren't exclusive to the Cube.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection