Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Incredible Shrinking Hoth Rebel Soldier

This guy looks really small next to the Old Hoth Rebel ('97) and the Deluxe ('98).

Darth Vader to Padme: "Honey, I shrunk the Rebels."

The sculpt is superior though. The smaller blaster is molded into the holster and not removeable as I'd once hoped. You know...details are nice.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well I guess there would have to be some stunted rebels in the Rebellion. Next to Ach Med this figure looks like a midget. My biggest problem with this figure is his crappy teeth grin. Why is he grinning. HE'S IN A WAR!!!!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

To me, he kind of looks like he's flinching. Small and all, I like him. He stands up better than the old one, even without the base.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

He looks like my friend, Michael Stewart, in a snowsuit.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I noticed that he looked very short compared to the others. That i dont mind unless he looks ridiculous alongside his comrades. Do any of you think we will get him with another face sculpt, just to kind of build up the Hoth defenses?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I was hoping that this Hoth Soldier would be able to hold his gun better. But hes still cool -I wish I had 50 more!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

i guess it was the cold weather on hoth that shrunk him. all sorts of things shrink in the cold!

Out of all the new stuff that's come out recently, this is one of the only figures that I'm going to take a pass on. I'm simply not into the pose, lack of articulation or the weird head and face sculpt on this figure. I've seen this one a few times in stores now, once at KB for too much money, and just recently a bunch of them at Target. He seems to have some nice detail to him and the paint isn't too bad, but it's just not as cool a figure as it should be I think. Not really all that much better than the POTF Hoth soldier. So, if it goes on clearance I'll pick one up, but otherwise, I'm skipping it.
    plasticfetish.net

Yeah, I've run into this figure several times now and each time, it's an easy one to pass up for me. I wish I had said the same about the Saga Snowtrooper.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Major disappointment here. The chance at getting a good Hoth Rebel Soldier has been muffed again. I can't really say I like anything about this figure. The facial expression is totally inappropriate and the lack of articulation on what should be an army builder is unforgivable. Add to that the fact that the pistol is molded to the holster and his paper thin rifle never seems to look straight and you've got one poor figure. Good for diorama backgrounds only.
    Grade: C-
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”