Question quextion about r3-a2 from hothreb 4-pack

howdy saga xperts,
    saw this in store and am leaning against bothering to get one; but i couldn't tell for sure, from peeking into bubble, if dome "guts" are the same sculpt as r3-t7 or r3-d3. or, are they a third, unique sculpt? someone plz lmk so i can decide for sure, thanx
    vt

Quote Originally Posted by vulcantouch
    howdy saga xperts,
    saw this in store and am leaning against bothering to get one; but i couldn't tell for sure, from peeking into bubble, if dome "guts" are the same sculpt as r3-t7 or r3-d3. or, are they a third, unique sculpt? someone plz lmk so i can decide for sure, thanx
    vt
    They are the ones from R3-T7
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

R3-D3 was the clear domed astromech from the Star Tours line, they modified the inner brain stuff for R3-D3 to make it more unique.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Riiiiight, I knew I heard this one before somewhere. Thanks! I think my mom got these while at WDW last year with my sister on a school trip. Gotta remember to put them on my Christmas list.

Cool thanx for the clear-up guys :)

the only place i think orange & white ever look good together is in a bowl of gelato (and ok, my falcon mm), so since i already have r3-a2's dome-gut sculpt i'm leaving this on the shelf where it belongs. thanx for simplifying this non-completist figure collector's life
    vt