Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ran into 2 SW collectors today. One was cool and the other was jerk!

I asked if they posted on SSG or RS and they just looked at me, like no one is suposed to ask that. One of the guys says he reads the site, but says it's to much of a bother to post. Like waking up early everyday to hunt SW isn't a bother? Strange. The other guy didn't say a word. He was looking for a prefect Tat padme. I left thinking, man I hope other people or collectors don't see me as I saw them. I like to be friendly with other collectors, but it's like I was envading their territory. The nicer of the 2 did offer me a batman figure, but what the hell would I do with that. I wondering if it was a hot item. Oh well, just thought I would share that with you all.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Ive only ran into one other Star Wars collector in my hunts and when i asked if he used SSG he said he didnt have a computer so i let it go. I know i cant be the only one here looking for toys because it seems that lately ive been getting someones leftovers. But i try to be friendly, not in a suspicious way though, to all people i meet. If they arent civil enough to act the same towards me then screw them.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I met a guy at Midnight Madness last year that I see every now and then. He's seems pretty cool; we exchange the "what we've found" stories, and try to give tips on where to go.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I asked if they posted on SSG or RS and they just looked at me, like no one is suposed to ask that. One of the guys says he reads the site, but says it's to much of a bother to post. Like waking up early everyday to hunt SW isn't a bother? Strange. The other guy didn't say a word. He was looking for a prefect Tat padme. I left thinking, man I hope other people or collectors don't see me as I saw them. I like to be friendly with other collectors, but it's like I was envading their territory. The nicer of the 2 did offer me a batman figure, but what the hell would I do with that. I wondering if it was a hot item. Oh well, just thought I would share that with you all.
    Oh, that was you?

I spent a good three hours talking to a collector between TRU and Target. He was a nice guy and we exchanged some of our collecting stories. I told him to come check out this site, and so far he has posted at least once. It was cool, and it was good that he was also a Cubs fan, which kept the conversation going.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Oh, that was you?
    LOL, That's one of the reasons I posted this. I just thought there would be a chance for one of those yoyos to reply. I know what you look like stilla
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I've talked to a few (SW) collectors and somehow, most of them are kinda fleeting and suspicious. Like you're gonna rob them of their finds. Or charm your way in so they'll give it up. Hell if I want to do that, I'd just use the 'Force'. I'd force the electronic lightsaber up theirs and pick up their toys. Ok, that was pretty mean. I'm only kidding. But again, some of them can be pretty aloof. Why, I don't know. I try to be as cordial and as helpful, so I know its not me. Oh well, I met a few cool dudes, so that evens it out. Weird how one guy was clutching his 2 Ephant Mons close to his chest while he was talking to me. And I was holding 2 myself!!! People will always be weird.
    Gimme a break!!!

I felt strange on April 23rd 2002. I was first in TRU at 9am and all of the workers were asking me "which will be the most popular figure?" cause there I was with a shopping cart and they must have been thinking "geek!".

Nothing wrong with talking to fellow collectors though. I would have no problem talking to a fellow collector who understands why we spend 10 minutes comparing two figures to find the best paint job etc
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

I only know one other SW collector personally, and while he's addicted to Ebay I can't seem to get him to log on and participate on this site, or any other (that I know of, anyway). Shame, really. He's one of those that LOVES to tell me about upcoming items he's seen in ToyFare; I usually just nod and smile without telling him I saw pics of those same items a month earlier on SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Jabba the Hutt
    I felt strange on April 23rd 2002. I was first in TRU at 9am and all of the workers were asking me "which will be the most popular figure?" cause there I was with a shopping cart and they must have been thinking "geek!".
    I'll wager they were thinking "geek," but also they wanted to know which figures to pull from the boxes so they could make a little extra xmas cash on Ebay.