Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Question What's the most expensive item you've purchased

To date, what's the most expensive item you've purchased for your collection? Is it a rare action figure or maybe a quality "collectable?" Did you maybe put together an entire Stormtrooper costume or assemble a collection of soda cans or trading cards?

With that in mind, what do you think you've spent on everything Star Wars so far in your life? Given current prices, can you project what you think you'll spend from here on out?

Just wonderin'.

(by the way, I have to put a little thought into the questions myself...)

Well the item I spent the most on was the Silver Vader from the Toy Fair convention. I really wanted this item and I think I spent somewhere around $150 on it on the secondary market. I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but I wasn't one of the lucky who logged onto the fan club website during the 30 minutes it was available and got it for $10 plus shipping. The price for it was offset by some of the great deals I found later one ($9 gun ship, $19 arena playset, $20 Dagobah X-Wing).

I don't even want to try and guess what I've spent on my collection in my lifetime. I'm 32 and have stuff from when it first came out in the 70's.

I have made a promise to myself to cut back on my Star Wars spending. No more ships (I really only have 10 or so) and I'm only going to buy 2 figures a month. What really made my decision for me was the release of older figs on new cards (I'm a MOMC collector) and that new Jedi 4 pack at TRU. I can't believe that Hasbro is taking 4 peg warmers and trying to release them again just for the detention device. Oh well, I'm running out of room anyway...
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Well, I'd have to say the top three from most expensive on down

1) Stormtrooper costume (includes items bought seperatly, boots, kenner blaster, body stocking, neck seal, electronics for the helmet, and supplies to put it together, and the kit) over $1,000 so far

2) My Code 3 Millinium Falcon: $300

3) The ceramic Darth Vader desending the stairs: $200
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I can't believe that Hasbro is taking 4 peg warmers and trying to release them again just for the detention device.
    You can't? They're just taking a page out of Kenner's old book, only this time you get a new detention device. Kenner re-carded all their old figures for each of the new movies back during the OT. No new sculpt of Darth Vader for Empire or Jedi, just the same old figure re-carded...often times literally.

As long as they do it sparingly, I don't mind too much. As for the 4 packs, well most of them have been cheap garbage anyway, so I don't even bother with 'em.

I am mostly a MOMC collector. I much prefer to collect only carded figures, though I do have all of the Cinema Scenes and a few odds and ends, to include a few ships, B-Wing is my favorite.

As for my most expensive figure, I can't recall, but I don't believe I've ever paid more than $30.00 for any given figure.

My most valuable figure is probably my US carded Freeze Frame Sandtrooper.

I have been collecting since 99 and have spent well over $4,000.00 on basic figures. I have over 400 carded figures and more than 200 loose figures.

I have no idea what I will spend from here on out. Hasbro has seriously stepped up production in the last year and a half and I find myself spending more money on $10.00+ items like the new Ultra sets and Clone Wars Army builders. The Clone Wars line alone has claimed more than $300.00 this year.
    Last edited by sith_killer_99; 12-12-2003 at 05:20 AM.
    May the force be with you.

I have spent a $100 on the Imperial Shuttle. The pricest item in my collection is my Toy Fair Vader which I got for $17.50
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Fpr me it was probably the Darth Maul Lightsaber Replica for $160. Others include...

Jabba the Hutt Maquette $100

Vintage Amanaman loose & complete C10 $90
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Of my toy collection, the most expensive piece was $70 for the 12" 3-pack that included Leia in disguise that I got on the secondary market. Which is by no means the most expensive piece I've collected.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Of my toy collection, the most expensive piece was $70 for the 12" 3-pack that included Leia in disguise that I got on the secondary market. Which is by no means the most expensive piece I've collected.

So what is?

A 1956 GM bus used in the 1967 movie "The Graduate." I didn't purchase it because it was used in a movie but it is an interesting footnote in the history of the vehicle. It's got to be one of the heaviest movie memorabilia pieces out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2345small.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	7207  
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.