Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker

Well, here it is. The figure I've looked forward to for some time now. My absolute favorite character and outfit in the entire Star Wars universe. Does it hold up to my expectations?

To be honest, my expectations were so high, there is no possibility anything could have really met them. However, I'm happy to say, with a few minor complaints, this is one nice figure!

First off, the figure itself is excellent! The only thing that is at all distracting is the knee joints. Hasbro could have done a much better job hiding them. The colors are great! The vest has a very subtle grey wash that can only really be noticed in certain lights and angles just like in the movie. Be warned. The paint job on my figures head is terrible. The brown paint from the hair is all over. Luckily my obsesion with this figure will lead me to buy a few more.

Articulation is very good. better then the average Star Wars figure and the plastic looks better then what I have seen in previous pictures (Galactichunter.com).

Here are my BIG gripes. The cloak. It's crap! The hood is so tiny, you have to pry it on and off. However, I think they have made a running change on this already judging on some pictures I've seen off Ebay. Also, I think if they would have made the cloak brown, it would have added a lot to the figure.

The other gripe I have is his right hand will not hold the gun and it's too bad cause the gun would look really cool in his hand. Hopefully, they will work this flaw out for future shipments.

Hasbro has really improved from the last year. If only they took it up one more notch this figure could have been what the original Luke jedi figure was to the classic line; Perfection.

Awesome review. Great figure, can't wait to get this. Did you like the original POTF2 figure cause I really like that figure and I like the cloak. My only gripe with this new figure is very minor.. it's that he can't hold the lightsaber in his right hand.
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

I was a fan of the POTF Luke jedi but it is amazing to see the difference when comparing side by side with the new one. I am definitely a fan of the plastic cloak.

How's the articuation? especially in the arms, cause he seems like he'll be stuck in a permanent arms bent postion like the original Episode 1 Obi Wan and Qui Gonn.

I can't wait to get mine though.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

That was also a concern of mine. However, his arms can be straightened. The articulation in the arms is simular to the knee joints of the rebel soldier.

*cue in the Sarlacc Pit battle theme*

That was also a concern of mine. However, his arms can be straightened. The articulation in the arms is simular to the knee joints of the rebel soldier.
    SOLD!!

Jabba's Skiff -Check
    Jabba's Guard's -Check
    Sarlacc Pit Boba Fett -Check

Now all I need is Luke.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Man, first off it's super sweet that you HAVE that figure already! Holy cow!

The review was nicely written. Im really excited about this figure as well, it was also one of my very favorites from the vintage line (along with Endor Han). Blue or Green saber variations on this one would have been just the best. Nothing's impossible though, and I'll display him with a blue one from another figure if need be. Im excited to read that the articulation is good, I'll wait to pass judgement on the cloak until mine gets here. I didn't mind the POTF2 version, he was fine for what was being released at that point (though I did like the more original Dagobah Luke the best of those early Lukes).

I hope they'll keep watching the quality control to put a stop to those sloppy paintjobs, what a wasteful detraction from what could otherwise be a great figure (in any case, not just this one).

Thanks again for the review, and congrats on your early score.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Blue or Green saber variations on this one would have been just the best. Nothing's impossible though, and I'll display him with a blue one from another figure if need be.
    The lightsaber packaged with this Luke is basically the exact same saber that came with the POTJ Ben Kenobi, so you could use that blue saber if you like.

I got my Luke and R2 the other day and I am in full aggrement with you Rherk. The figure is really nice, and the face is also very excellent! The cloak is a bit crappy, but my real problem with the cloak was not the rough edged hood, but the base of the cloak that is very hard to manage for display. After spending like 15 minutes I managed to tuck the base of his cloak so it is rolled back to appear as when Luke stood before Jabba. However Rherk I got a question for you about your Luke.

Do you have a hard time getting Luke's hand's to connect to form his relaxed pose. I cannot keep his hands together (like it's pictured on the back of the blister) for the life of me. Did you have this problem?
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Hmm, I didn't notice that. i will try it again and see how it holds.

Was your hood super tight to his head or was it larger similar to the picture on the back of the package?