Big thumbs up for General Rieekan!

Dear Hasbro,

I just opened up my General Rieekan figure and besides the fact that I think it's a super looking toy, I'm also quite happy to see that you resisted the urge to give him an unnecessary weapon ... like a blaster, or a magic staff or some other kind of accessory that he never had in the movie. Great job!

(All kidding aside, it really is nice and the screen is great also. thanks guys.)
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 12-13-2003 at 02:02 AM.
    plasticfetish.net

Yeah, but for the price they could have thrown in another view screen...or two. Heck there were at least 3-4 of 'em in the movie.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Yeah, but for the price they could have thrown in another view screen...or two. Heck there were at least 3-4 of 'em in the movie.
    I'm glad they made him, but I would have thought they could have given him a command chair and some knee joints, but hey that's just me.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Yeah, I agree ... it'd be nice if you could get more of them separately anyway. Heck, how about a whole play set? (Yeah, right.) You know they probably justify the deluxe price point by saying that it's an obscure character and that it wouldn't have been made as nicely as a $5 figure.

I really do consider this a one time shot at this character though. (Until he comes out in that "old guy" 4-pack later on.)
    plasticfetish.net

Just consider the size of the Wampa, Escape Pod, and Jabba to make up for not getting much with Riekeen. That's probably how they were able to deliver all 3 of those larger ones, at the price pointe of less then $10.00.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

You're right of course, but it still looks weak next to C-3PO and Wampa.

As for C-3PO, I bought 1 MOMC and do not plan on buying one to open. I kinda wish they hadn't done the Escape Pod this way. The real Escape Pod should be much bigger. I would like to see them do this to proper scale in a window box (like the new A-Wing) with R2-D2 (CommTech version with sand paint job) and C-3PO. Now that would be a great set!

Yeah, the Escape Pod could be a bit bigger. But really, none of the ships are really perfectly to scale. The Electronic/Dagobah X-Wing is probably the closest. It would be a bit weird if they did the pod perfectly to scale. And it would be nearly as big as the A-Wing or something like that. At least it's better then the vintage piece of crap one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

For $10, I was expecting this figure to look more like the photo of the actor on the bubble insert. When you look at the big base that came with Luke Throne Room, or all the stuff that came with Luke Bespin, red Clonetrooper, or the Snowtrooper, it's really hard to justify why this figure is an Ultra at all. I'm glad they made this figure, but I'll risk waiting for clearance sales, especially since this figure is already starting to linger in my area.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For $10, I was expecting this figure to look more like the photo of the actor on the bubble insert.
    I still say he looks like John Kerry. LOL