Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Listened to the Rat Pack Christmas CD, Holly Jolly Christmas by the Chairman and the Phil Spector Christmas CDs while doing some decorating this afternoon. Put me in better spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Listened to the Rat Pack Christmas CD, Holly Jolly Christmas by the Chairman and the Phil Spector Christmas CDs while doing some decorating this afternoon. Put me in better spirits.
    The Phil Spector is the next Christmas CD on my hitlist. His patented "wall of sound" make his music unique, Christmas or not, for any artist.

I did finally purchase the Vince Guraldi Charlie Brown Christmas CD this year. Last year I kinda looked too late and couldn't find one. I searched online hoping to find one for a steal, but with shipping cost, that option wasn't going to be worth it.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    I click on the link and all I get is a white screen that says "done" at the bottom of it. Unfortunately, my keen lack of computer skills won't tell me what I need to do in order to hear this song. Any suggestions?
    Hmmm. If your browser isn't set to play mp3 files, you could right-click, save it to your desktop (or wherever) and then open it with whatever music player you might use.

I did finally purchase the Vince Guraldi Charlie Brown Christmas CD this year.
    The only Christmas CD I have, and the only one I ever want. Just chills you out. Really good background music.

As far as traditional Christmas songs, even though I am an agnostic, I like the Jesusy ones best. O Holy Night, Silent Night and such.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    A clever Mark Twain reference and a clever Pearl Jam reference. Well done, BCJ.
    Thanks; was wonderin' if anybody'd notice. Was the Great Space Coaster one too obvious?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Hmmm. If your browser isn't set to play mp3 files, you could right-click, save it to your desktop (or wherever) and then open it with whatever music player you might use.

I right-clicked and clicked on "save target as." I went to save it to my desktop but there was one problem. The file wouldn't download for me. It was stuck at 0%. Perhaps I do not have the appropriate plug-in or whatever.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Perhaps I do not have the appropriate plug-in or whatever.
    After all the hassle, you're gonna kill me when you hear how bad that song is.

My Mac browser (Safari) just opens the file and plays it, but on my Windows PC (using IE) it downloads the file (like yours) and then opens it using Quicktime as the player. So yeah, you probably need to make sure you have a player (plug-in) that can handle mp3 files.

Riddle me this:

Who is more iconic as far as Christmas music goes, Charlie Brown or Charles Brown?

(If you don't know, Charles is the blues pianist who first performed the classic "Merry Christmas, Baby.")
    Tommy, close your eyes.