Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    After all the hassle, you're gonna kill me when you hear how bad that song is.

My Mac browser (Safari) just opens the file and plays it, but on my Windows PC (using IE) it downloads the file (like yours) and then opens it using Quicktime as the player. So yeah, you probably need to make sure you have a player (plug-in) that can handle mp3 files.

Thanks for all your help PF, I finally got the song working, and you are right, I do want to kill you now!

All kidding aside, my first reaction was that I didn't know George Lucas talents extended to songwriting. The song was grating on the ears and reminded me of the "Dear Mr. Jesus" Holiday song from the 1980's. Definitely a song that is worth forgetting. Good find though.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

No problem. I have the entire Star Wars Christmas album... and if you're not careful, I just might upload all of the files. (Amazingly bad.)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Riddle me this:

Who is more iconic as far as Christmas music goes, Charlie Brown or Charles Brown?

(If you don't know, Charles is the blues pianist who first performed the classic "Merry Christmas, Baby.")

That's easy: Charlie Brown. Great music for a classic cartoon.

No problem. I have the entire Star Wars Christmas album... and if you're not careful, I just might upload all of the files. (Amazingly bad.)
    Remember, it was MECO would did this one, too. I wouldn't call it amazingly bad, but it is dated.

I can imagine Mr. M saying "c'mon disco, hear me baby, hold together."
    Then, when he realized the enormity of bringing back an at-that-time despised musical genre: "I can't. It's too big."
    And much of the listening public: "That, is why you fail..."
    "That's what Sheev said."

I've found myself listening to Soldier's Silent Night of late. It almost perfectly mirrors what this Christmas'll be like for me this year...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

iTunes has a bunch of cool one-offs, like the aforementioned Darkness song, as well as an awesome tune by The Killers called "Don't Shoot Me Santa" and a rather good cover of "Backdoor Santa" by Jet.

There's also a Christmas EP by Becky Barksdale on there. Back when there was such a thing as House of Blues Records, they put the same song by her on just about every sampler and said her album was forthcoming. It never happened, though there are a few albums worth on iTunes. (I guess they ended up being released locally.) She's Texas blues, and her Christmas songs are wicked, aside from a way-too-slow "Amazing Grace."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Go ahead an upload them. Lately, I have been looking for new discipline techniques to utilize in my classroom.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Bump for the annual stroking of my ego.