Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Christmas Tauntauns from that fan awards show that GLu liked a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The Associated Press reviewer actually said it was, surprisingly, one of the best rock Christmas albums ever. I'll have to admit, I'm intrigued.
    I just saw a video for "O Come All Ye Faithful". It was pretty good...and they threw in a riff from "We're Not Gonna Take It" during the guitar solo. I might pick this album up.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    The best, for me, was last year at work. During a conversation a buddy says he hasn't heard this one Christmas song. After a few questions I figure out what song he means (his girlfreind is sick and he helps her out): "6am, day after Christmas, I throw some clothes on in the dark...."

He says "Yeah! Yeah! That's it!"

The song is Ben Folds Five: Brick

He didn't like it when I told him what it was about.

What is the song about?

And I wouldn't be surprised about the Twisted Sister Christmas CD. Barbra Streisand, Neil Diamond and Kenny G, all Jews, put out excellent Christmas albums.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

For my favorite Christmas song there is only one version :

The Christmas Song : Nat King Cole

As far as other songs I like:
    Josh Groban "Believe"
    Stevie Wonder "Someday at Christmas"
    Amy Grant "Grown Up Christmas List"
    U2 "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home"
    Trans Siberian Orchestra "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24 and Old City Bar"
    Fricken A "Merry Frickin Christmas"

there are many others but can't think of them right now. have to check out my CD's to see what else is on them. Also I know they are not Christmas Songs but Adam Sandler's Chanunk Songs 1-3. Sorry if I mispelled the holiday.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    And I wouldn't be surprised about the Twisted Sister Christmas CD

That CD is a riot. picked it up in Walmart on Black Friday, it is too funny, I really suggest either dowloading it or buying it. to hear O Come All Ye Faithful to the beat of We're Not Gonna Take It is just priceless.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

John Denver and Muppets (mainly "The 12 Days of Christmas" song)
    Trans-Siberian Railroad
    Mannheim Steamroller
    Andy Williams
    Johnny Mathis
    Perry Como
    "Christmas in Hollis"
    If I may I'd also like to add Bing Crosby to the list. His voice makes several of the songs just that much better.

Here's a good poem/song entitled A Soldier's Silent Night. It's kinda fitting with the situation going on now and it's quite good.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The Letterman "O' Holy Night"
    Carmen Dragon "Joy to the World"
    Harry Connick, Jr. "Santa Claus"
    Arthur Fielder and The Boston Pops "Sleighride"
    John Williams and The Boston Pops "Nutcracker Prelude"

Makes me wonder what it was like before ~1840 going to Midnight Mass and what not on Christmas Eve. Most of the "traditional" Christmas carols/hymns were written in a 20 year span between 1840-1860 give or take. The music industry as a whole has been trying to duplicate that feat but is going with the if we put enough stuff out there, something will be the next classic, but really just diluting the season and the meaning of the songs imo.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post

Makes me wonder what it was like before ~1840 going to Midnight Mass and what not on Christmas Eve. Most of the "traditional" Christmas carols/hymns were written in a 20 year span between 1840-1860 give or take. The music industry as a whole has been trying to duplicate that feat but is going with the if we put enough stuff out there, something will be the next classic, but really just diluting the season and the meaning of the songs imo.
    That time was such a drag. I remember, anyone who had a printing press could put out any hymn, durge, or ditty. Most of the stuff was carp, not enough worth the ink on the parchment. There were the Hair Balladeers and the Ye Olde MCs who just ruined the genre. Hardly anyone from that time gets any print time in the newspapers anymore.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I heard "Snoopy's Christmas" on the radio this year by the Royal Guardsman. Pretty good stuff. He and the Red BAron celebrate Christmas.
    I had the Snoopy vs The Red Baron son on a Goofy Greats album. Years later, I was going through some old records, and came across a Snoopy Christmas on a 45. I hadn't heard it since I was very little, so I put it on and realized it sounded like the Royal Guardsmen, but there was no indication on the record or the sleeve that said that. It might have even had a different name listed.

Here are some of my favorite modern or "rock & roll" Christmas tunes, some of which have been mentioned.

Waitresses - "Christmas Wrapping"
    Paul McCartney - "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime"
    Chuck Berry - "Run Rudolph Run"
    Billy Squier - "Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You'
    Elmo & Patsy - "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"
    Brenda Lee - "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree"

I finally bought the Charlie Brown last year.

For something a bit more traditional, I like "Do You Hear What I Hear?", however I just looked it up and it was written in 1962.

I think Public Enemy should do a Christmas tune, it would go a little something like this:

Flavor Flav - Yeah, Winter Wonderland in full effect boyeeeeeeee!

Chuck D - Riding through the snow in an open sleigh, Santa with his reindeer leading the way, flying around the world with a bag full of toys, to give to all the good little girls and boys, but sorry if I don't share in your cheer, 'cause Santa ain't coming to the hood this year.

Ok here goes some Christmas Tunes on the PC:

Christmas Don't Be Late (Chipmunks)
    Do They Know it's Christmas (Band Aid)
    Nutcracker Suite (Trans Siberian Orchestra)
    Frosty the Snowman (jimmy Durante)
    Father Christmas (The Kinks)
    Father Christmas (Emerson Lake & Palmer)
    Hey Santa (Carnie & Wendy Wilson)
    Run Rudolph Run (Bryan Adams)
    Where Are You Christmas (Faith Hill)
    What Christmas Should Be (Hilary Duff)
    Santa's Beard (The Beach Boys)
    Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses)