Threaded View

Favorite traditional (or non) Christmas songs

Tis the season of Christmas music and if you live somewhere on the East, chances are a few radio stations in your area have decided to blare nonstop, 24/7 Christmas music since Thanksgiving week. This is the first time this has happened in my area. Usually, they'll play a mix of whatever format the station specializes in with a few Christmas songs, until December 24th, when they go to all Christmas music. This year four stations that I regulary listen to (two in Buffalo, two in Toronto) have gone all Christmas, all month long for the first time.

Anyway, those who love Christmas music have their traditional favorites (mine are "O Holy Night, Ave Maria, The First Noel, and Do You Hear What I Hear?") among the hundreds of traditional Christmas songs.

The versions of these songs and others, that I must absolutely blast whenever I hear on the radio are:

"O Holy Night" by Perry Como or Johnny Mathis
    "Sleigh Ride" by The Boston Pops or The Ronettes
    "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" by Bruce Springsteen
    "Adeste Fideles" by Luciano Pavrotti

Some of my favorite nontraditional songs are:

"Someday at Christmas" by Stevie Wonder
    "Last Christmas" by Wham!
    "Happy Christmas" by John Lennon
    "It's a Marshmellow World" by The Ronettes
    "The Little St. Nick" by The Beach Boys
    "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney & Wings

What are your favorites?
    Last edited by Lowly Bantha Cleaner; 12-13-2003 at 10:54 AM.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.