Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    For more traditional songs,you cant go wrong with the Beach Boys Also a fan of some of the songs done in the Big Band era,although the names elude me right now.

Non-Traditional,my favorite is the Ren and Stimpy Yaksmas tape. I loved that,great take on the holidays. Another was on a cassette of kids songs,about what some monsters got for Christmas set to "Monster Mash". Classic stuff
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

"O Holy Night"... hands down. Surprisingly enough... Celine Dion's version lays the rest to cake dust. I was shocked myself.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

They played a song from Dennis Leary's new Christmas album on the radio tonight called "Merry ****ing Christmas". I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny. I also enjoy the Trans-Siberian Orchestra which has a site here: http://www.trans-siberian.com/intro.html
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

my favourite traditional song isn't a christmas carol though it's often mistaken for one: Unto us a boy is born. It's the only song I know of that openly talks about Herod having all the babies killed. so being a bit dour and grim I naturally like it.
    this christmas gone we did all we could to get the christmas spirit. we had the lights the decorations the big roast bird dinner, big domestic scene almost ended in me being thrown out on my *** and a load of mixed christmas classics from bing crosby, perry como, Boney M, judy garland, trans siberian orchestra (new on me), most of what's already been mentioned in that vein. and I had a huge playlist I set to repeat.

my favourite non traditional song has to be A winters tale by David Essex. excrutiatingly twee and sacharin sweet, but it has atmosphere and it's a well crafted song. again fairly muted in tone though. worth at least one listen I reckon. though I think it played through about fourty times over christmas in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    this christmas gone we did all we could to get the christmas spirit. we had the lights the decorations the big roast bird dinner, big domestic scene almost ended in me being thrown out on my ***
    We call that in America, Thanksgiving.

Just purchased Andy Williams "Happy Holidays" off ITunes and have finally turned on the all Christmas music stations in my areas. I am officially in the Holiday Mood.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I can't believe no one mentioned the SW Christmas in the Stars album (I only have it on vinyl LP, but I think I saw it once on CD and passed on buying it ). Echoing what others have said, mostly by artist rather than song:

John Denver and Muppets (mainly "The 12 Days of Christmas" song)
    Trans-Siberian Railroad
    Mannheim Steamroller
    Andy Williams
    Johnny Mathis
    Perry Como
    "Christmas in Hollis"
    "That's what Sheev said."

Has anyone picked up Twisted Sister's Twisted Christmas album yet?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The best, for me, was last year at work. During a conversation a buddy says he hasn't heard this one Christmas song. After a few questions I figure out what song he means (his girlfreind is sick and he helps her out): "6am, day after Christmas, I throw some clothes on in the dark...."

He says "Yeah! Yeah! That's it!"

The song is Ben Folds Five: Brick

He didn't like it when I told him what it was about.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    John Denver and Muppets (mainly "The 12 Days of Christmas" song)
    Trans-Siberian Railroad
    Mannheim Steamroller
    Andy Williams
    Johnny Mathis
    Perry Como
    "Christmas in Hollis"
    Man, BCJ, you freakin' NAILED it! Good stuff there!

The last couple years I've been listening to the Barenaked Ladies Christmas album. It's anything but traditional, but some of the songs on there are fantastic!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    Has anyone picked up Twisted Sister's Twisted Christmas album yet?
    The Associated Press reviewer actually said it was, surprisingly, one of the best rock Christmas albums ever. I'll have to admit, I'm intrigued.
    Tommy, close your eyes.