Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Heather Mills won't likely be listening to that one this year.

I saw a big band Christmas album at WM that I plan on purchasing. A friend also is going to burn Michael Buble's Christmas CD for me. There's only 5 - 6 songs on it but still worth a listen, I'm told.

I found* this little thing recently:

Quote Originally Posted by Whirled Gnus In Court, Err, Rated
    Class Action Lawsuit Filed in "The Christmas Song"

Washington, D.C., 2007ish
    A class action lawsuit was filed this week claiming discrimination in the warm holiday wishes expressed in the well-known holiday tune "The Christmas Song," also known by its common opening lyrics, "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire."

Attorney Gary Gnu gave a news conference yesterday explaining the terms of the suit. "We feel that this supposedly friendly carol is extremely discriminatory towards our very young and very old listeners," he stated. Any kid who is under the age of two, and senior citizens, some of whom have served our nation in times of need, over the age of 92 are excempt from the "Merry Christmas" greetings presented in the song. This is unaccetable."

Several toddlers and seniors expressed similar frustrations. Samuel Twain recently celebrated his 100th birthday and said, "how am I supposed to enjoy the holidays, when I can't even get a good wish from a public domain song. It's sad really."

And 18-month old Jeremy spoke in class today, "Igg bok duh wama wama bot." Clearly stated and obvious in its verocity and verve.

Gnu continued. "We are asking the song writers to reconsider when they try to block citizens' rights at any times of the year, especially the retail seasons when our economy needs the financial stimulation that time-honored songs provide. We have offered a simple replacement verse for the discriminatory one."

The lines are printed below:
    And so I'm offering this simple phrase,
    To kids from inside the womb to just before the tomb;
    Although its been said and signed for those with hearing difficulties,
    Many times many ways
    Merry Christmas
    To you.
    * = created by myself today
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 12-09-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: some grammar was not gooder
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I click on the link and all I get is a white screen that says "done" at the bottom of it. Unfortunately, my keen lack of computer skills won't tell me what I need to do in order to hear this song. Any suggestions?

And Bel-Cam, you win the cornyute post of the year award for that story on "The Christmas Song."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

BCJ: Genius!

(....this will probably inspire some knucklehead to really pursue this, though )
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    One problem BCJ. The song says from 1 to 92, so that 18 month old has no right to complain. CASE DISMISSED!
    Uh, if you had bothered to actually listen to what he said, you've have realized that he was simply lamenting how he couldn't experience what he has now, until 8 months ago. :statuteoflimitations: CASE STILL OPENED!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

A clever Mark Twain reference and a clever Pearl Jam reference. Well done, BCJ.
    Tommy, close your eyes.