Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland just released an amazing version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas."
    I think he's got a great voice as it is but I think this may be one of his best vocal performances of his career.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I thought I was going to get through the holiday without buying any new CDs, but that failed on Dec. 19. I bought two compliation CDs at FYE.

What caught my eye on the first one was a version of 'Last Christmas.' I was shopping at JC Penney's and heard a jazzy version of that song on the PA and liked it. When I saw it was on the CD, I thought that could be it. It wasn't but the CD's still pretty good.

The second CD is full of classic Christmas tunes.

Can we agree this is the worst Christmas song/video ever? Not to trash the message of the song, or the fact that there are millions of abused children around the world, but the sappiness/cheesiness factor of this song and the fact that is so dated makes it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_xEye3b3M
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

If I hear that f**king Christmas Shoes song one more damn time I'm going to kick a nest of baby birds.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The Phineas and Ferb Christmas album is awesome.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Can we agree this is the worst Christmas song/video ever? Not to trash the message of the song, or the fact that there are millions of abused children around the world, but the sappiness/cheesiness factor of this song and the fact that is so dated makes it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_xEye3b3M
    I have to agree. And the Christmas Shoes song isn't a favorite, either.

I remember 12+ years ago, a co-worker came into work one morning and I think she heard the Dear Mr. Jesus song for the first time. It really upset her.

Best Christmas song ever:

Kidnap the Sandy Claws from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Though, my wife and daughter are partial to What's This? also from the same movie.

Read in the newspaper that Bulgaria listed its two worst Christmas songs that get radio airplay were Wham's "Last Christmas" and then Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You." Can't say I disagree with them.

Bulgaria? Really?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Time for something different. Name a holiday song and then put the artist next to it who you think has the best version of that song.

White Christmas: Got to go with Bing
    Little Drummer Boy: Harry Simeone Choir
    Santa Claus is Coming to Town: Bruce Springsteen
    Silent Night: The Manheim Steamroller, Honorable Mention, Charlotte Church
    Sleigh Ride: Leroy Anderson and the Boston Pops
    Winter Wonderland: Johnny Mathis
    Do You Hear What I Hear: Whitney Houston
    Silver Bells: Diana Ross & the Supremes
    The Christmas Song: Mel Torme Honorable Mention, Nat King Cole
    Deck the Halls: The Manheim Steamroller
    Oh Holy Night: Perry Como
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

This year I finally bought the two Christmas albums I've wanted for years: Bing Crosby's White Christmas and Andy Williams' Christmas Collection.

Hands down, the two best Christmas albums of all time.
    DOMINATE!