Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    One of the local radio stations for 25+ years, at noon on Thanksgiving, play Alice's Restaurant. I've been tuning in for about 10 years or so. Whether or whatever I'm doing is put on hold so I can listen.
    For the first time this year, I heard the song, and it came on during Thanksgiving day at noon as well (and replayed at 6 pm). Don't know how long they have been doing it. This local classic rock station is not my favorite and I only caught it because I was flipping through the station.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

There's not one, but two local radio stations already playing Christmas music in my area. Just odd to hear Little Saint Nick while I was off to cut grass for the final time of the year.

A third radio station should start the holly jolly music in a few more weeks.

There's not one, but two local radio stations already playing Christmas music in my area. Just odd to hear Little Saint Nick while I was off to cut grass for the final time of the year.

Today was the day here too for two local radio stations to pump up the Christmas music. I guess that don't want the other to get in first edgewise so they started together.

The best method in my opinion is when they mix 4 or 5 pop songs in a row, then sneak a Christmas tune in there.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

If there was a "Like" button, you'd just have earned a click, JJB2.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I posted this message close to a month and a half ago. The third radio station didn't start playing Christmas music until noon today, and will until midnite Christmas nite.

I flipped over to one of the previous two stations to listen in today and discovered that one of them had changed format from Christmas to soft pop/romantic. I thought, what the heck? Couldn't wait another day and a half?

One of my new favorite Christmas songs is Joni Mitchell's "The River" from the Ally McBeal soundtrack sung by Iron Man himself.

In the same idea as the "This or That" thread, which extended note is your favorite in carols: the "glo-o-o-o-o-o-ria" in "Angels We Have Heard on High," or the "oh....oh" in "We Three Kings"?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Posted a little late, but both local pop stations in the Buffalo area switched to all Christmas music the past Monday (11/4) for non stop Christmas music until Christmas Day. It beat last year's by 5 days and I suspect soon that we are going to see both stations switch just right on or after Halloween.

All stations still seem to be playing current music, but I expect the change within a week or so (it's been before Thanksgiving the last couple years, after that holiday being the "official" switch date).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega