Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Anakin is the son of Palpatine?

I don't know if this is really a spoiler or not but just in case I am posting it here.

It is my theory that Anakin is the son of Palpatine. Now I am new to this site, so I don't know if this has already been brought up or not but I am intrested in your thoughts.

Here is why I think this:

I believe Anakin is not the emaculate conception that his mother makes him out to be when telling Qui-Gon of Anakin's father's lack of exsistance.

I believe that Palpatine was looking for someone as powerful as he was to help take over the galaxy and realized that the only one who could help him was himself. He couldn't clone himself because you couldn't clone the force(i'm talking movies only here folks) so he searched the galaxy for a way where he could procreate and yet keep the jedi from discovering that childs exsistance. So I believe he shared an intimate night with mama Skywalker and then used his dark side powers to make her think the whole thing never happened. This way if anyone ever tried to investigate where he came from, she would only be able to tell people he was the Star Wars version of Jesus and people would be like yeah, O.K. whatever lady, we have enough on our minds with this whole force thing.

I also believe that Palpatine was planning on going back for Anakin but he was discovered by Qui-Gon first and Palpatine was content with him being trained as a Jedi, so he could concentrate on the rest of his work while he would just convert him to the dark side once he was a Jedi Knight.

I know this sounds a lot like the whole Luke thing but it just makes sense to me. One son is kept a secret and is later revealed to be the son who goes bad, and it worked well enough at one point so why not do it again, with Luke only he won't go bad in the end. I'm curious as to what you all think so please let me know
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

I don't think we should ever find out who Anakin's father is. I kinda like the "virgin birth" thing, and him being 'the one' it's possibe he WAS concieved by the Midichlorians .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin Palpatine
    I believe that Palpatine was looking for someone as powerful as he was to help take over the galaxy
    you seem to be forgetting that at the time of anakins conception (immaculate or otherwise) palpatine would already have been training darth maul as his apprentice. as there are only ever two sith, i doubt he would have been considering fathering anakin as there was already another sith. i doubt that darth maul was expected to be killed so early into his career as a sith so i doubt the search for a new apprentice started until this point.

also, aotc never really made clear the relationship between dooku and sideous but if it master and apprentice, again there would have been no need to father anakin becuase there were two sith again.

It was an interesting thought...but I don't think this will happen. I agree with Pendo. Anakin was conceived by midichlorians.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I don't think we should ever find out who Anakin's father is. I kinda like the "virgin birth" thing, and him being 'the one' it's possibe he WAS concieved by the Midichlorians .

PENDO!
    Gotta agree with Pendo completely. Anakin is conceived by the force and it just so happened that Shmi was the woman that gave birth to him. He's the chosen one. There's never been a more powerful being in the Galaxy than Anakin.
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

The whole point would be a what if scenario. What if Palpatine is his father? What if he was not created by the force? This is the whole fun part of the question and of my theory. Great thoughts on the subject though. I don't know what I am going to do when I see episode 3 and can't speculate anymore.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

LOL, imagine the scandal? You can see it in all the Republic newspapers. The Senator who went to Tatooine and knocked up a slave !

Honestly, I can't see it happen, but then again with George's writing ...

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    LOL, imagine the scandal? You can see it in all the Republic newspapers. The Senator who went to Tatooine and knocked up a slave !

Honestly, I can't see it happen, but then again with George's writing ...

PENDO!

>>cough<< >>cough<< strom thurmon >>cough<< >>cough<<

But seriously, aside from just having fun with the saga and all the "what if's" (there is a comic book series out that does just that), I can't believe anyone ever thought of this as a serious possibility. George wanted a Jesus parallel in Anakin as a "savior" and invented a virgin birth. Period.

I've had my own theory of who Anakin is (I've posted it around here awhile ago), and basically I don't believe that Anakin and Vader are the same person. From a certain point of view. Sorry to cloud it in smoke but here goes:

I think Palpy clones Anakin sometime between AOTC and EpIII. Why? He knows Anakin is powerful. He knows that cloning and raising a Sith Lord is easier than converting a Jedi. And he has the technology to do it.

This culminates to the final duel between....Obi-wan, Anakin, and Anakin II. It will be a 3 way lightsaber fight with Obi-wan and Anakin trying to take down the cloned Anakin who is referred to as Darth Vader by Palpy. During this struggle, Anakin is killed by Vader. And it is Obi-wan who is finally able to take down Vader, throwing him into lava. Palpy swoops in to save Vader and gives him the mechanical suit to save him.

Why do I believe this so much? "Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father." Not even from a certain point of view either. And how about Ben's explanation as to why he never told Luke that Vader was his father? Because he's genetically the father, not paternally the father. Everything was a from a certain point of view. He wasn't lying. He was killed by Vader. And Vader isn't REALLY his father.

Anakin was Luke's real father and he died like a chump. This is why Vader never knew he had a son or daughter. Because he was a clone and never knew Padme or any of the situation. But when he later realized in ANH that he had a biological relative, he longed for some attachment to Luke. Remember, Vader never refers to him as "my son" to Palpy, only "the son of Skywalker".

How did Anakin bring balance to the Force? It's quite simple. There was a Jedi Anakin and a Sith Anakin at the same time. He balanced the good and dark sides of the Force.

I really believe we'll see this too. We've yet to see a huge plot twist in the prequels. We're overdue for one.
    Last edited by jawaboy; 12-17-2003 at 08:45 PM.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

This could very well be a good case as well. What if the clone Anakin did have memories of Padme which made him want to kill off the real Anakin? I go back to my theory that the force would not be in a clone that the force has to surround a living being almost to say by choice. The dark side being an abused form of the force. So maybe Anakin is cloned with that thought of I will make my own form of the most powerful Jedi under my own control. Only he doesn't posses the same powers as Anakin. He only has about half the power and Palps realizes this and has cloned Anakin kill Padme and tells the real Ani that the jedi order was the ones to have him cloned in order to replace some of the jedi lost by the clone wars. Ah, ah now there you have you some thinking on top of thinking. At this point I have to agree with Pendo. The fans would probably make a better movie than Lucas as of finishing this all off in one movie. I sure do hope that he realizes this and just keeps making the movies regardless of the fact that A New Hope is number IV. Then we could have the classic trilogy be just the same third aspect aside from what you could say is it's own here's where it all began. Plus we would keep getting movies and maybe some better acting. What do I know, It's a Lucas universe and I just live in it.