Metallica
    Disturbed
    Saliva
    Ozzy / Sabbath
    Aerosmith(Eariler stuff,the new is )
    Staind(Eariler,Darker works)
    Queen
    The Eagles

Hits from the 80s are also my favorites,just too many bands to list.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I picked up the Eagles "the very best of". It's good listening, and I have yet to watch the DVD that came with this two CD set. I used to have my dad playing the Hotel California on out trips north to his place in Wisconsin. I really loved their music, and I got to see them in concert 6 years back (approx). I'm always glad to see there are other yopunger Eagles fans (I assume you are younger then I, I.J.G.).
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Gn'Fn'R!!!
    I like a lot of others, too; they're just my fav.
    Last edited by CropDuster; 01-11-2004 at 07:46 PM.
    [COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]Is traveling through cyberspace like dusting crops?[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    The problem with all of this, is that these three bands pretty much stole everything they did from early American Blues artists! So who's the best? Well, to avoid long heated debates, it's all a matter of opinion anyways, right?! So go with what you like!
    you make some very good points xir, but i must take issue with you regarding pink floyd. they were writing and playing as a psychodellic band long before the beatles 'went wierd' and i can't see how the lyrics or music made by the band in the syd barrett era was influenced by the beatles. By the time the beatles went down that path, syd barret was well on the way to his lsd caused breakdown. i don't think we would ever have had dark side, wish you were here, the wall (my personal floyd fave) or the final cut if syd had not wigged out but then (and its only my opinion) floyd were, on the whole, a better band after he left.

you are quite right though, its all a matter of opinion and everyone's is equally valid because everyone has different tastes. its just that i really, really don't like the beatles music - it comes back to the old thing of you are either a beatles fan or a stones fan, but you can't be both!

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    it comes back to the old thing of you are either a beatles fan or a stones fan, but you can't be both!
    What? I like both bands, well lets just say my parents listened to them and I was exposed to many types of music. Can't say I hate any music but Counrty and Gangsta Rap.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I must take issue with you regarding pink floyd. they were writing and playing as a psychodellic band long before the beatles 'went wierd' and i can't see how the lyrics or music made by the band in the syd barrett era was influenced by the beatles. By the time the beatles went down that path, syd barret was well on the way to his lsd caused breakdown.
    The Beatles 'Please Please me' was released in 1963. Pink Floyds' 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn was released in 1965 their respective first albums! IMO the Beatles first non pop or odd albumn was Rubber Soul released in 1965, but they had 5 albums worth of music before then!
    Beatles / Pink floyd
    Rubber Soul '65 / Piper at the Gates of Dawn '65
    Revolver '66 / Saucer Full of Secrets '68
    Sgt. Peppers... '67 / Music from..:More '69
    Magic Mystery Tour '67 / Ummagumma '69
    The White Albumn '68 / Atom Heart Mother '70
    Yellow Submarine '69 / Relics '71; Meddle '71

I don't think we would ever have had dark side, wish you were here, the wall (my personal floyd fave) or the final cut if syd had not wigged out but then (and its only my opinion) floyd were, on the whole, a better band after he left.
    I don't know what your stating here, 'cause this is what I said in my post to you, so basically we agree, although I like Syd's stuff too, I just look at it as a different floyd era

It comes back to the old thing of your either a Beatles fan or a Stones fan, but you can't be both!
    Hhhmmm...sucks to be that person! But I know I like both, although I'll admit the Stones had to grow on me, but I love 'em now just as much as the Beatles, or Zepp, or Floyd, or The Doors or any of the 60 & 70's greats! But then again as I've said before I like all music from Folk to Jazz, to Heavy Metal to Hip-hop and everything in between, as long as it rocks!

The Beatles 'Please Please me' was released in 1963. Pink Floyds' 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn was released in 1965 their respective first albums! IMO the Beatles first non pop or odd albumn was Rubber Soul released in 1965, but they had 5 albums worth of music before then!
    Beatles / Pink floyd
    Rubber Soul '65 / Piper at the Gates of Dawn '65
    Revolver '66 / Saucer Full of Secrets '68
    Sgt. Peppers... '67 / Music from..:More '69
    Magic Mystery Tour '67 / Ummagumma '69
    The White Albumn '68 / Atom Heart Mother '70
    Yellow Submarine '69 / Relics '71; Meddle '71
    you are missing my point. floyd were always a psychodellic band. they played many shows at psychodellic clubs like the ufo in london long before they recorded a note many of which were just freeform psychodellic jamming. the beatles started off as a pure pop band and that is what they played. until they found the naughty drugs that made them wierd. floyd were always wierd.

Hhhmmm...sucks to be that person! But I know I like both, although I'll admit the Stones had to grow on me, but I love 'em now just as much as the Beatles, or Zepp, or Floyd, or The Doors or any of the 60 & 70's greats! But then again as I've said before I like all music from Folk to Jazz, to Heavy Metal to Hip-hop and everything in between, as long as it rocks!
    perhaps its a british thing. it has been a running joke in britain for many years that you can't like both bands equally! there was always a very big rivalry between the two with the beatles being nice, clean cut boys and the stones being badassed hardman rockers. its like mods and rockers. you couldn't be both.

perhaps its a british thing. it has been a running joke in britain for many years that you can't like both bands equally! there was always a very big rivalry between the two with the beatles being nice, clean cut boys and the stones being badassed hardman rockers. its like mods and rockers. you couldn't be both.
    I think this exists or existed here in the States too, but I think more so during the height of the bands' careers! I don't know about you chaps o'er d'pond, but here in the states all the music from the 60's to late 70's is revered on American radio stations as classic rock, and it seems all the greats from that era are put into one supreme group of stars that for the most part everyone likes, respects or reveres equally! There are mainly 8 artists that are the pinnacle of 60's and 70's success here in America: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Jopplin, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Pink Floyd, and The Who! Speaking of Mods vs Rockers, ya gotta love Quadrophenia!!! But hey, there are other great classic rock artists out there I know but these like I said are the pinnacle. Sometimes Stevie Ray Vaughn gets lumped in with this group because he definitely belongs as far as greatness goes, but he's an 80's guy so not quite classic rock!

Sidenote: Maybe it's a Syracuse thing(classic Rock(j/k)). I'm in Syracuse, New York and the Radio statios here are good but it's not a hugely diverse medium. But, I will say that the stations here are on the ball, or maybe just got lucky because when you type in www.classicrock.com you get Syracuse's TK99.
    And then of all the hundreds of (modern Rock) K-Rock stations across the country(US) if you type in www.krock.com once again you get the local Syracuse 100.9 K-Rock station. I guess our radio execs were more on the ball, or just paid more money to get those sites, or as I said just got lucky! Go Fig!

radio in the uk is complete rubbish. most of the local and national radio stations just play the crap that is in the charts. there are just two national stations that play anything remotely resembling rock, classic or otherwise, and they stick to the obvious two or three tunes from most classic bands.

therefore i don't listen to the radio much (except for the sports stations). i much prefer to stick with my own collection of lp's, cassettes and cd's.

Some more bands I would like to add to my list:

Queen
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Beck
    Tom Petty
    Led Zepplin
    Pink Floyd
    The Eagles
    Bob Seger
    (a little known band) 2 Skinnee J's

AND HOW COULD I OR ANYONE LEAVE OUT (SO FAR I THINK?):
    CCR!!!!!!!!!!!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.