Thread: The Right Way

Arrow The Right Way

According to the SW site, with the ask the Jedi Council feature:

The word "executor" means "one who carries out or performs something," and is pronounced ig-ZEK-yoo-tur. The confusion over pronunciation often stems from the word "executioner."

Apparently, I was wrong. But when are they gonna give the pronunciation of these others?

Qui Xux
    Talon Karde
    Kyp Durron
    Bothwayi (sp?)
    Nohgri

Etc. etc.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Kwee Zucks
    Talon Card
    Kip Duhr-on
    Bawth- a-wee
    Nawg-rye or Nawg-ree

......and a partridge in a pear tree.......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Xux...?

You know, in Portugese "XUX" would be pronounced "Shoosh"...

thought I'd add my two Republic Dataries.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

It's pronounced like the dude who is in charge of a last will and testament? That's more retarded than an army of Jar Jars.

It will always be EK-zeh-kyoo-tor in my book.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Funny, cuz i always pronounced it EK-ZEK-YOO-tur. You Americans don't half talk funny!!!!

Rollo, how can Nohgri be pronounced NAWG-REE? Surely it should be KNOW- GREE or KNOW- GRYE? if memory serves me, the use of OH as AW can only be so if there's a tild or some other accent over the O. I may be wrong in that assumption and I'm not asserting anything here, just querying. :happy:

Here's one you might be interested in:

I talked extensively with Timothy Zahn at Comic Con:

It's Jor-ROOSE Sab-ie-oth

for the insane, cloned Jedi Master, Joruus C'Boath.

I never would have figured...

Oh, and if any of you watched all of the DVD gems, Pernilla August asked George how to pronouce her character name:

It's ShmY not Shmee. I still prefer the latter, and Lucas also says

Hahn, and Hann at different times for Solo. So you never know. The man still can't tell an R4 droid from an R2 - and in his own movie, nonetheless.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    It's pronounced like the dude who is in charge of a last will and testament? That's more retarded than an army of Jar Jars.

It will always be EK-zeh-kyoo-tor in my book.
    Hmm, let's see, how is that word that you're referring to spelled, Chux?

Executor: (noun) 1.A person who carries out or performs something.
    2.Law. A person who is appointed by a testator to execute the testator's will.

And how is the Super Star Destroyer's name spelled?

Executor

Now why would these 2 words, that are spelled so similarly that you cannot see the difference to the naked eye sound so different? Oh, and what was Vader's job in ESB?

He was the Emperor's executor of Imperial rule.

And whose Super Star Destroyer was it?

Darth Vader's

Do you get it now? DO YOU?!? Clearly, your book is wrong Chux.

Jargo, I always pronounced "nohgri" as "know-gree" because the rules of phonetics say so. Then again, I thought the spelled word "Qui-gon" would be pronounced "key-gonn" (where's my key? It's gone!)

Tycho, how do you (or Zahn) get "Sab-ie-oth" out of "C'boath"?!? At best, phonetically it would be "seh'bow-awth". Then again, somehow "Favre" is pronounced "Farv".

"Shmee" or "Shmeye", it still sounds goofy to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks

Tycho, how do you (or Zahn) get "Sab-ie-oth" out of "C'boath"?!? At best, phonetically it would be "seh'bow-awth
    Yeah Tricks, I always pronounced it the 2nd way myself. But that's what Zahn said...

Well, he did write it, so I guess he can say it however he wants, but I don't see how he gets that. Then again, I guess he could just pronounce it "Obi-waan Kenobi"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.